- 𝟏 -

-

" 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝'𝐬
ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ "

-

𝟏𝟐0 𝐀𝐂
'ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ'
-

Elaena's life in Pentos was rather easy - yet it made her grow annoyed. The same things, the same routine. Nothing was different, she longed for some sort of change.

Not that she didn't enjoy her life of course, a loving father and mother - two perfect little sisters she'd took an 'oath' to protect when they were all quite young and naive. Now, they crept closer and closer to being true women.

The main point which agitated her in her life was the fact she was dragonless. Every night almost, it was her and that unhatched egg which had been placed in her cradle since being a babe.

She begged that it would be a miracle, it would hatch - still hoping her prayers to the God's will be answered, but now since it had been years not so much. Loosing hope, she now just stared into the flames. Wondering why her consistent prayer hadn't been rewarded and no hatchling had came.

She summed it up, and decided that she must of done something wrong. Something which may of upset the God's, old and new. Or it was just her luck, or-

"Little dragon, are you going to eat or keep staring off at your plate?"

That familar voice of her father knocked her from her mind, tuning her back into reality. She quickly rose her head up, lilac eyes turning around to look at those already looking at her.

"My apologies father, I got caught in my thinking.."

"Thinking? Are you ok, my sweet girl?"

Her mother raised a brow, clearly intrigued what her daughter could be thinking about at such a young age. She'd realize her daughter got caught a lot in her thinking ever since her one-and-one name day. It would be an understatement to say she wasn't worried.

"Yes- Yes, sorry Mother I am."

The room went quiet for a moment, before the prince of Pentos cleared his throat. Honestly, she zoned out once more. Though the man obviously offered her and her family comfort and a roof and all that, she didn't exactly like him. She felt unease around him most the time, anyway.

She started to eat, exchanging a phew looks with her sister. The prince toasted Aegon The Conquer, and started to offer them permanent residence in exchange for help against the triarchy.

"You have four dragons-"

Elaena couldn't help but huff softly, that was enough to put everything back in her head and stop eating.