ch4 ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ tara.

As tara lay on the ground, clutching her bleeding stomach with her one unhurt hand, she couldn't shake the feeling of terror that gripped her. The wail of approaching sirens pierced the night as the ambulance rushed to her aid, the flashing lights casting eerie shadows on the surrounding darkness. As she was loaded onto the stretcher, Tara's mind raced with fear and confusion, wondering what kind of nightmare she had stumbled into. why her?

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶                      ༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"Sam?" The voice barely rose above the background noises clamor, yet it pierced through the noise with urgency. It was a familiar voice to the older girl, but one she hadn't expected to hear.

"Wait, Y/N?" Sam's concern flickered in her eyes as she tried to place the caller. In the five years since leaving Woodsboro, she hadn't received any communication from her old life, making this call all the more puzzling.

"Yeah, it's me. sorry chnaged my number, im here with wes." Y/N's voice trembled slightly, prompting Sam to rise and distance herself from her boyfriend, anxious to hear what troubled her friend. "hey sam.." wes says.

"What's up?" Sam's heart raced with worry, her mind conjuring up worst-case scenarios.

"It's about Tara. She, umm..." Y/N struggled to articulate the words, the weight of the news evident in her voice.

"Woah, what about Tara? Is she okay?" Sam's breath caught in her throat, bracing herself for the impending news, however grim it might be.

"She was attacked." wes finishes for you. The words hit Sam like a physical blow, her stomach churning with a mix of dread and fury, her knuckles turning white around her phone.

"What—"

"She went through surgery yesterday and just woke up. She's fine now. I know you guys aren't on good terms but..."

Sam's anger surged, cutting wes off mid-sentence already knowing what wes was gonna say. "No, I'm going over there."

"Alright. See you then."

"Wait, Y/N, wes?" Sam interjected, her voice tinged with urgency, "Do they know who did it?"

"Umm..." Y/N hesitated, the noise of the surroundings melding with her uncertain tone. "Maybe it's best you came in person."

"Y/N..." Sam's tone softened, a mix of concern and determination evident in her voice knowing she could break you.

Sam's voice trembled with emotion as she pressed for answers. "Please, just tell me. Who did this to Tara?"

Hesitantly, Y/N responded, "It was someone in a Ghostface mask."

The mention of the Ghostface mask sent shivers down Sam's spine, dredging up haunting memories from the past. "What do you mean, someone in a Ghostface mask?" Sam's voice quivered with disbelief.

"I mean just that, Sam. Tara was attacked by someone wearing a Ghostface mask," Y/N reiterated, her own voice betraying a hint of fear.

Sam's thoughts raced as she grappled with the terrifying reality unfolding before her. Could it be someone seeking vengeance from their shared past? Or was it the sinister machinations of a deranged individual, drawn to the town's dark history?

"Okay, I'm going over there right now," Sam declared, her tone resolute with determination.

Sam turned to her boyfriend, the weight of the news still heavy on her mind. "I have to go, something's happened to Tara," she explained, her voice laced with concern.