❝︎CHAPTER SIXTY❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 ━︎━︎ 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 up at the train station, the group of four all shared one last look with each other. The war was brewing, they had a mission to complete once the summer was over. There were hard times ahead of them and each and every one of them knew it. Juniper gave all of them a hug and gave Hermione a kiss as well. They wouldn't write each other over the summer, they knew better. So, they would see each other when it was time. Juniper spotted Tonks standing in the crowd of parents and a heavy sigh escaped her lips as she walked over to her.

Nymphadora spotted her, giving her a small smile. "Juniper," she greeted.

"'Dora." Juniper nodded. She closed her eyes, running a hand over her forehead. "Listen, I'm sorry about how things went between us last time. It was inappropriate and it was just rude and I'm so sorry."

Nymphadora shook her head. "You have nothing to apologize for, sweetheart." She lowered her voice, leaning closer to her so that no one would overhear them. "There's a new plan. I won't be taking you to the manor. But trust me, padfoot is already waiting for you and Shadow is with him." Juniper stared at her for a moment before nodding her head. She took her hand and then the two of them were gone.

It was a small house, although it was quite comfy. Juniper glanced around the place, her eyes spotting the pictures that were placed over the mantle place. She placed her trunk down and Nymphadora took it from her, placing it into her new room. A smile fell on Juniper's face when she saw Shadow run towards her. Immediately she hugged the dog tightly, scratching his head and giving him a kiss on the nose. Juniper stood up straight, making her way over to the fireplace with Shadow following behind.

She came to a stop, reaching forwards and grabbing one of the photos on the mantle. She ran her thumb over the picture, a small smile pulling on her face as her eyes filled with tears. It was moving picture with her mom, Remus, Sirius, and James. Anastasia had launched herself onto James' back, a wide smile on her face as she hugged him. Sirius and Remus were both laugh with her and James had a look of surprise as if he hadn't expected her to jump on his back. They were all so young. Even in the face of war, they found a way to smile and laugh like they didn't have a care in the world.

She put the photo back, before grabbing another one. It was of her and her mother. Juniper couldn't have been more than four years old, wild curly hair going all over the place. She had her tongue sticking out and Anastasia was holding her in her arms, a wide smile on her face. She glanced up at the third photo on the mantle, it was of her and Remus hugging.

Behind her, she felt a presence. "She was so happy back then." Juniper softly said, reaching up and wiping away her tears.

"She was happy, even in her last breath." Sirius said, carefully walking over to her.