❝︎CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐈 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 had been tainted with blood. The death of Dumbledore had taken place here and Juniper no longer felt safe. She felt cold, and she could feel the bitterness, and the lingering death that came along with the Death Eaters. Her one sanctuary, torn apart to shreds, tainted with the strive for power and the upper hand. Now, sitting in the astronomy tower, with her friends all here, Juniper felt nothing but sadness. The sun was shining brightly on them, the view still as beautiful as ever.

     Hermione and Harry were standing by the railing, looking out at the grounds below. "Do you think he would've done it?" Hermione asked. "Draco?" It was true, it was Draco that was supposed to kill Dumbledore instead of Snape. However, Snape had stepped in and did it for him. Juniper didn't like Snape, nor did she like Draco, but a part of her couldn't help but be a little thankful that Snape hadn't forced Draco go through the trauma of killing his own Professor, of killing someone in general.

     Harry shook his head. "No. No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing." Juniper stood up and walked over to him, standing on his other side. Harry glanced towards her and she gave him a small smile, leaning her head on his shoulder. Harry lifted the necklace he had taken off Dumbledore, giving it to Hermione. "It's fake. Open it."

     Hermione did as he asked, opening it to reveal a small folded up letter inside. She unfolded it and began reading it out loud. "'To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R-A-B.'" Hermione looked at Harry. "R-A-B?"

     "I don't know," Harry answered. "But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it." Harry looked at Ron who offered him a small smile, causing Hermione and Juniper to glance at him as well.

     Hermione looked back at Harry. "Ron's okay with it, you know. You and Ginny. But if I were you, when he's around I'd keep the snogging to a minimum."

     Harry let out a small chuckle before his face grew serious and they all looked out at the view. "I'm not coming back, Hermione, June. I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And. . . I don't know where that will lead me, but I'll let you two and Ron know where I am when I can."

     "I've always admired your courage, Harry." Hermione admitted. "But sometimes you can be really thick." Harry looked at her. "You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry."

     Juniper nodded. "She's right."

     Harry glanced between the two of them before saying, "Just do me a favor. When I'm around, keep the snogging to a minimum, please." He looked at Hermione. "She is my sister."