❝︎CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱 ━︎━︎ 𝐍𝐨 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 back at Hogwarts, the first thing Juniper did was jump into Hermione's arms. Hermione hugged her tightly before pulling back and noticing the burn marks that still decorated her arm, immediately Hermione fussed over her and sent her to the hospital wing to get the burns healed. It didn't take long for the marks to be healed before Hermione dragged her back to their dorm room. Juniper explained everything that took place, from the outburst with Nymphadora, the letter of approval for Harry's adoption, the Weasley home getting burned to a crisp with Juniper being stuck inside. Needless to say, Hermione's mouth was open the entire time in shock.

"You can't even catch a break on Holidays anymore?" Hermione asked with a scoff.

"I guess not." Juniper muttered.

"So, what exactly did you say to Tonks?" Hermione questioned.

Juniper covered her face with her hands. "It was awful, 'Mione." She lowered her hands, shaking her head. "I just snapped. There were so many emotions on Christmas."

"It was the first one without your mom." Hermione softly said. "Of course emotions were going to be high."

"All she was trying to do was tell me that she was a shoulder to lean on if I needed it, and I shut her down so quickly. I didn't even give her a chance to speak." Juniper sighed. "I know she told Remus, and I'm sure he's upset with me." Juniper shook her head, reliving the conversation. "I told her that she wasn't my mom and she never would be. The look of hurt on her face. . ."

"Jay, I'm sure she understood, and I highly doubt Remus is upset with you. Remus probably explained the situation to her." She squeezed Juniper's hand. "Don't worry about it, alright?"

Juniper nodded, softly saying, "Alright."

Hermione sent her a small smile, pushing the hair from Juniper's face. "We should probably get some rest, yeah?" Juniper nodded.

The next day, Juniper, Hermione, and Harry were walking through the halls. Hermione had the Daily Prophet in her head, glancing down at it before looking at Harry. "It's so easy for them to get to you. You're bloody lucky you weren't killed. You have to realize who you are, Harry."

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?" Harry sighed out. Harry glanced at her before quickly letting out an apology. "Sorry."

Hermione interlaced her fingers with Juniper's. "So tell me what Arthur said."

"'If Dumbledore is traveling, it's news to the Ministry.' But what about this? That night at Borgin and Burkes Draco was looking at a Vanishing Cabinet."