✷ 015: A Brunch.

Start from the beginning

"I hope..." Reneé replied before laughing at her phone. "UGH HE HAS ME GIGGLING." She quickly came into realization. "I need to lock in."

"I didn't lock in and look where that got me." Devyn laughed as she examined herself in the mirror one more time. "Race car driver boyfriends..." She mumbled, eyeing Reneé with a smirk.

"The dream I didn't know I had." She sighed, looking up at the ceiling with a wide smile before Devyn's phone went off.

"Shit... it's Ollie, he's downstairs." She checked the notification. "IM NERVOUS..." Her face was painted with worry.

"Ugh, DEV." Reneé sat up, staring down her roommate. "You're gonna be fine. It's gonna be fine."

"I'm taking your word for it." Devyn huffed before grabbing her black purse. "I'll see you later!" She smiled before grabbing her dorm keys and leaving.

"I EXPECT A DETAILED DEBRIEF TONIGHT!" Reneé shouted as she closed the door with a laugh. "I LOVE YOU!!!" Her voice echoed through the walls.

Taking a deep breath, Devyn continued to walk down her hallway, toward the elevators before she made the quick decision to take the stairs instead. She was eager to see him, yet so nervous.

Continuing to walk down three flights of stairs, Devyn made it to the lobby in no time where she immediately spotted Ollie who was mindlessly speaking with the front desk assistant, laughing happily before he spotted her and excused himself.

"Hi." She smiled, walking up to him as he held out a hand for her.

Taking it without hesitation, Ollie continued to spin her around with a laugh, making Devyn blush in embarrassment at the thought of doing something like that in public, but nobody was around... and the guy at the front desk didn't even peep one glance.

"You look pretty." He smiled, continuing to hold her hand in his before awkwardly letting go, unsure of the intimacy boundaries between them, but she didn't mind.

"Why, thank you." Devyn bit down a grin as she examined Ollie, his outfit consisting of a simple crewneck base and a thicker coat for an extra layer along with loose fitted pants and white shoes. "You look good yourself." She complimented.

"Thank your friends for that." He laughed before briefly glancing at the front doors. "Shall we?" He asked, looking back at Devyn.

"We shall." She replied before hesitantly holding out her hand for his, Ollie happily taking it before the pair walked toward the exit together as he bid the front desk assistant a goodbye.

"So, where are we going?" Devyn questioned, staying close by his side. "Better yet, how are we getting there?" A small laugh following after her statement.

"We travel in style." Ollie laughed, letting go of her hand and grabbing car keys from his pocket before stopping in front of the side street where a sleek black BMW was parked.

"You're full of shit. There's no way." Devyn gasped with a a laugh. "I'm a race car driver! I felt obligated to rent something out for the weekend." He shrugged, a smirking expression painted across his face.

"Wow." She said in awe before he went ahead and opened the passenger door for her. "After you!" A happy expression on his face as she rolled her eyes with a smile, getting in before Ollie quickly went back around the car, to get into the drivers side.