Zoe - Great Prophecy

Start bij het begin

In the dim glow of the firepit, his eyes gleamed with a captivating depth, that mesmerizing shade of icy blue. Like a moth drawn to a flame, my gaze inevitably drifted to his lips, their softness and allure a constant temptation. 

Yet, despite my unspoken longing, Oskar remained aloof, his attention elsewhere, never meeting my gaze.

Leaning against the pavilion column with effortless grace, he exuded an air of casual nonchalance, arms crossed in a familiar stance that spoke of ease. 

But beneath the calm facade, a shadow of weariness lingered in his eyes. 

His unfocused and distant gaze seemed to wander beyond the flickering flames, lost in a realm of his thoughts.

His demeanour had a palpable sadness, a weariness that weighed heavily upon his shoulders. 

I longed to reach out and chase away the shadows that clouded his soul, to offer comfort in the face of his silent struggles. 

Annabeth's words struck me like lightning, shattering the peace I desperately tried to maintain. It wasn't until her announcement that Oskar would be joining Percy on the Princess Andromeda that the full weight of reality crashed down upon me. Anger surged through my veins, a fiery tempest threatening to consume me from within. Not in front of Annabeth, of course—I plastered on a calm facade, hiding the storm raging beneath the surface.

But in the solitude of the training arena, I let the rage take hold. 

How could he be so reckless, so blindly determined to throw himself into danger? 

With his stubborn insistence on performing heroic feats at any cost, Oskar was a foolhardy idiot. 

Yet, despite the fury that simmered within me, a spark of elation flickered to life when I finally saw him. The sight of his familiar figure brought a surge of joy to my heart. But that fleeting moment of happiness was short-lived, extinguished by the cold reality of his indifference.

His disregard stung like a slap in the face, a painful reminder of the distance that had grown between us. As I watched him from afar, leaning against the pavilion column with that infuriatingly relaxed demeanour, I couldn't help but wonder what had transpired on the ship. 

What trials had he faced, and what challenges had he overcome?

Over the last year, as the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, I consumed myself with thoughts of Oskar. I wondered how he was faring. The temptation to reach out to him, to send him an iris message, and to bridge the gap that separated us tugged at my heartstrings.

Time and time again, I found myself with a coin in hand, poised to make contact with him. But each time, something held me back, a nagging uncertainty that whispered caution in my ear. I couldn't shake the feeling that reaching out to him would only complicate things further. 

So, with a heavy heart and a sense of resignation, I forced myself to set the coin aside, letting the opportunity slip through my fingers once more.

As the year trudged on, life at camp became a routine of battling monsters and maintaining the grounds. Together, those of us who remained fought tirelessly against the creatures that dared to encroach upon our sanctuary. 

I took it upon myself to train the half-bloods, passing down the skills and knowledge I had acquired over the years. From archery to swordplay, from hunting techniques to survival skills, I imparted everything to them, preparing them for the battles ahead. 

But it wasn't just about combat prowess. We also worked together to maintain the camp, ensuring it remained a haven amidst the chaos of the outside world. Whether it was repairing damaged structures, fortifying our defences, or tending to the needs of the campers, we all pitched in, each doing our part to keep our home running smoothly.