Every Story has a Beginning

September 2011

A five year old James was snuggled in his bed sleeping wearing Wolverine pajamas. Wolverine was his favorite superhero and he loved the X-Men. While he was sleeping, Jill quietly walked into the room and sat on the bed smiling down at him. He was always cute when he was sleeping. She started rubbing his arms to make him wake up and he stirred a little bit. She chuckled and started peppering kisses on his cheeks causing him to giggle.

When James finally woke up he saw his sister and he smiled at her and she smiled back at him.

"Wakey wakey, little brother. You have to get dressed for school today we have to get ready. And you don't want to miss seeing our cousin." Jill said.

James nodded quickly and ran past her to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She smiled at his direction and chuckled as she walked downstairs to wait for him. Jill was waiting for her brother downstairs on the couch and she heard him coming down. She saw he was wearing his favorite X-Men shirt with his blue jeans and yellow shoes. He had his backpack on and headphones around his neck and carried a Walkman in his hand.

He walked to the door with Jill and they heard a car honking outside the house. James smiled when he saw Kirby, she was like a sister to him in all but blood. She would pick him up and take him to school while she took her friends to school. While Kirby was talking to Jill, James got into the back seat of the car and he put his headphones. He was about to listen to some music but he saw Olivia coming in the car sitting next to him.

"Hey Jamie." Olivia greeted with a smile.

He waved at her to greet as he started to listen to music. Olivia always liked Max, she knew him since he was a baby and was always around when she had time. While he was listening to music, Jill, Kirby, and Olivia were discussing what would happen now that Sidney's coming to town. When the arrived at the elementary school, James put his Walkman and his headphones in his backpack and was about to walk out.

"Are you forgetting something ?" Olivia asked him.

"Oh right, sorry." James said.

He moved over and he hugged Olivia and kissed her on the cheek. He then moved to Jill and Kirby and did the same to them and he walked out of the car and walked towards the school getting ready for the day. He was doing great in school and the teachers were impressed by his performance because he was excelling in class. They thought that he had enough good grades to skip a grade. Later that day, his mother came to the school to take him home.

James was concerned and confused because it was 12:00 but he decided not to question it because she looked like she was panicking. When they arrived at home, Kate gave him strict orders to stay quiet. He did as he was told and he quietly worked on his homework. When he was finished, he went to the living room and he started watching the old X-Men show from the 90's. James didn't like that the show got cancelled because he felt like it had more stories to tell.

He heard someone knocking on the door but he continued to watch the show while his mother answered the door. He heard footsteps coming to the living room and he turned around and saw his sister and his cousin. James stood up and walked to his sister and Jill kneeled down to give him a hug. When he let go he walked over to Sidney and hugged her on the legs since she was taller than him and this caught by surprise. She then smiled and kneeled down and gave James a full hug.

"Nice to finally meet you, Sidney." James said with a big smile on his showing his teeth.

"Have you done your homework ?" Jill asked raising a brow with a smirk.

James nodded and grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen table showing his work. Jill was very impressed with his work because he was really detailed when he answered each question.