Why are you hanging on so tight?

A/N: Nat has made her appearance originally, just at the right time (a classic). Just in time to be a mum. I didn't figure out what time this is, but it's 2013/14...only cause I have something planned around 2015/16 Aka AoU or CAATWS (hint...fuck you HYDRA or Draykov)

TW: Talks of suicide, self-harm and abuse.

Try and spot the Game of Thrones Quote as well

- Chap name ib: Labour by Paris Paloma

It was midnight when she went out.

It was three in the morning when she came back with a blooded-up little girl, hanging limp from her grip as she bled through the torn fabric of Nat's top.

She's been so lucky, so damned lucky that she's gotten to the top of the building just in time to catch the tethering girl. It took her a moment to process but when she sure the seeping lines on the girl's arms, the fleeting moment of knowingness passed by her, her heart dropped sending her into a moment of panic. Ripping off a part of her shirt to press down on the wounds. It made her sick.

Nat was sure she'd seen worse wounds, no doubt about it. Bones sticking out legs, many forms of torture, but this...this made her gut roll as her hands shook. A girl, a small girl. She seemed too tiny in Nat's arms, still and pale like a dead body. Only the small rise of her chest was like a ticking time bomb. Moments, that's all she had.

Pressing the girl close to her chest she rushed back down her stairs, and out into the street as it started to pour down with rain. Not carrying if she pushed anyone.

Don't die, please don't Зайка. I'll be here for you.

Natasha didn't know what was compelling her, but then again she wasn't a heartless fool who would let someone kill themselves - not anymore. She wanted the girl to wake so Nat could tell her it would be alright, to be the person that was never there in her childhood. The girl had a hard life, Nat knew that for sure speaking from her own experiences, like calls to like, something that had been chosen for her by some sick twists of fates.

The tower. That's where Nat had thought of firstfirst, it was closer. But she'd be a fool to let a girl who no doubt tried to fall from a height even near the tower. Risk of being caught by the unyielding cameras that surrounded them at all times of the day.

SHIELD was the last place she thought, but it was most definitely better than the tower. A secret entrance in and out, figure out what the girl is also. Nothing good can come of it, Nat was sure, no one decides to do that off a whim. A past with layers and some suspected trauma.

Natasha knew, from where her car was parked and where the SHIELD base was located, she broke a few laws. But that will become Fury's problem and not hers. She was running out of borrowed time, keeping the girl close to her as she pressed the injured arm between them both. Soaking more clothes that it touched.

How can someone so little bleed so much?

The base was small, only meant for a drop-off place, but it will serve a purpose. Hearing a few agents bustling around, managing to dodge them as much as she can with a bleeding girl in her arms. Just about managing to scan herself into one of the small medical rooms, letting her arms free of the girl once, Natasha made sure she was secure on the bed.

Taking a deep breath in, ignoring the tremor in her hands she tore off her jacket and threw it across the room. Rummaging around the room for anything, anything that could be of use. Sighing a relief as she found the suture kit.

As she sewed the cuts together, not as deep as she had suspected which was a brief sigh of relief. Wrapping the pale white bandages, thicker than probably needed to be, around the girl's too-small wrists. Agree that she let herself rest, slumped in the chair as she listened to the soft beep of the heart monitor she attached.