Benjen Stark remained asleep throughout the day, and by Nightfall Valaena ate her supper in his chambers alongside the Maester. Whose hands shook so terribly from exhaustion that she begged him to rest. Urging the man that she would remain by Benjen's side. She promised to wake him would anything occur.

Valaena hadn't been instructed about anything when it came to her duties as Lady of Winterfell, the past week she had simply tried to entertain herself and cry herself to sleep at night. Slowly letting go of her love for Aemond. From this night on, she decided to assume her duties, staring with taking care of the sick Benjen, hoping to nurse him back to health.

Benjen made it through the night, and in the morning Cregan's men told her of the trouble North. How Cregan was still in pursuit of the Wildings, more men had slipped past the wall than he had anticipated. Benjen Stark had been wounded by a Thenn. A riverfolk from past the wall. When the old handmaiden had told Valaena these men ate little boys for breakfast and feasted on the flesh of young women, Lord Glover's son had dismissed her. Shaking his head at Valaena as she held her breath.

"Don't scare the Southern Princess." Warned the man her. But Valaena had gotten to her feet. Frost still by her side.

"She can stay, I'm not scared."

Valaena remained by Benjen Stark his side for the entire week, sleeping on a chair, holding his hand as he moaned from the pain while asleep and feeding him warm broth and milk of the poppy with a spoon.

Word had finally arrived from Cregan, brought to her by a raven. He would be near Long Lake, at it's northern edge in five days time. They had to follow the Wildings up North. Near the wall, his Raven came from Queencrown. In his scroll, he promised Valaena to return to her soon. No other words were shared.

Maester Keltan told her Long Lake was at least a three days ride from Winterfell. She was eager for him to return, she found comfort in nursing Benjen back to health, and the Lord had woken from time to time, asking her about life at court, and what they had for dinner there. Benjen joked that Cregan had asked Benjen to try and fetch him Southern food for their wedding. Valaena blushed, Cregan really tried, why shouldn't she?

Two days later, Benjen sat upright, and Valaena helped the boy walk the courtyard, he coughed, complaining of his chest still hurting, and after only minutes of the sun covering Benjen's face he had gone limp into Valaena's arms. Pleading her to take him back to bed, the pain was too much.

She had shouted for help, and it was Willem Blackwood who carried Benjen back inside, his breathing shallow and loud. Valaena cursed as the boy started coughing blood. When she brought her palm to his head she noticed the burning fever.

The Maester examined him, sharing a sorrowful look with Willem Blackwood. Who told Valaena he would ride North and fetch Cregan. Benjen lay dying and a Raven would not be able to locate Cregan, Willem could track him.

Valaena frowned as Willem Blackwood whispered something to Frost. "I'll take him with me. Cregan's too far to warg." Muttered the Lord as he cast one last glance to Benjen. Whispered a quick prayer. The maester nodded.

Warg? Was Cregan Stark able to? She had heard stories, been told of the Starks and their ability to, but could he truly?

Benjen's Stark fever burned more, the Lord joked about it, coughing up blood, and it was then that Valaena pleaded the Maester to help him, do something. She couldn't stand the sight of him moaning in pain, only hours ago she helped him outside. Only hours ago he felt the sun on his face.

The Maester took Valaena apart and told her there was nothing to be done. The boy would die, it would be a miracle if he lived till morning. Valaena bit away her tears when the Maester took her hand and told her to to her some sleep. He would stay with Benjen.