OneShot

With a frown Naina opened the strange letter she received without any 'from' name. Inside she found a neatly folded paper resting in the envelope along with a green topaz ring quite big for her ring size. It seemed familiar.

Dear Naina ah Singh,

The first line read. Now of course she knew the sender. No one else addressed her this way.

I know beete kuch dino mei humare beech bohot galatfehmiyaan aa gayi hai , itni ki shayad ab tum mujh prr bharosa bhi nahi karti. Tumhe nahi lagta ki mai tumhara  saath dunga aur Naveen ko begunaah sabit karne ki rah prr tum akeli hi nikal gyi ho. Tum Capt. Rajveer prr se apna bharosa kho baithi ho aur shayad yeh maan ne lagi ho ki wo letters tumhe Capt. Rajveer ne likhe thhe.

Lekin Naina, ek baar khud se poocho. Kya tum  Rajveer prr ab bhi bharosa karti ho ? Agar Rajveer tumhe kahe ki wo letters usne nahi likhe to kya tum us prr bharosa karogi ? 

Mai Officer on Special Duty hu, yeh baat tum jaanti ho, kuch Saal pehle Naveen bhi tha. Humare kya rights hai kya authority hai wo mujhe tumhe batane ki zaroorat nahi, you know well. Mai sirf apne Commanding officer ko answerable hu, but trust me, whatever is happening is for better. Except. The impromptu engagement.

Capt. Rajveer is supposed to get engaged to Dr. Mishra tomorrow but Rajveer is completely forced into it and in his eyes, it's a part of his duty.

As Rajveer, I present to you my secret of life. I like you Naina. Definitely more than that. And tomorrow is just another day of my duty towards the nation.  If you still believe in your Rajveer and accept his truth, consider tonight as our engagement. Rajveer wants to promise himself to someone true before tomorrow's fake ceremony.

But if you still believe Capt. Rajveer over your Rajveer then please forget this letter and just remember you have a support in this system.

Naina, agar mai yeh kahu ki humari misunderstandings khatam ho jaayengi to mai jhoot keh raha hounga. Aise bohot log hai jo jii jaan lagaa rahe hai  tumhe todne mei. Weak karne mei. Aur yeh na to pehli baar tha na aakhri. Aise bohot mauke aaenge.

Trust me Naina, you need to believe in your Rajveer, because many times Capt. Rajveer would have to take difficult steps.
Mai apni begunhai mei aur kuch abhi nahi keh sakta. Capt. Rajveer is bound with his duty, and is forced to take some steps unwillingly.

The ink will fade out in 30 minutes, so you don't need to worry about someone finding about it.

Yours
Rajveer

Naina folded the letter and kept it safely in the envelope. She doesn't know if she believes him yet. But this letter has forced her to rethink her actions. Naina closed her eyes and thought about past days. She still remembers the remorse in Rajveer's eyes when she accused him. The ever holding respectful eyes towards him then held accusations and doubt. It was terrible to bear. He was scared and broken. Yet he took all her words and didnt even say one back. She knew long back, he is biased towards her. Maybe from the time he didn't report her for barging into his room or keeping her secret of being Naveen's sister. He was standing with her when no one was. He is that support she can lean on and still be safe even if he is in pieces.

With a jerk she opened her eyes, now enlightened with truth. She trusts her Rajveer. She might be skeptical about Capt. Rajveer's intentions, but she is confident of her Rajveer.

With glassy eyes and a soft smile Naina wore his ring in the ring finger of left hand. Obviously it looked big and manly, but it made her his. Rajveer was always hers and now she can feel herself becoming his.

---

Dr. Mishra & Capt. Rajveer's engagement the board read.

Soft music was playing in the background and Naina couldn't help but ask Rajveer for a dance. She was happy. She wanted to celebrate this new feeling.

As she pulled up her hand to ask him, she made sure he sees the ring she is wearing. Rajveer was delighted would be an understatement. He was over the world and didn't now how to control his feelings. He held her hands in his and brought them to his forehead, bowing to her. Pledging to keep her trust forever, even more now.

"Mujhe to lagaa tha aap yeh ring khud mujhe pehnayenge" Naina taunted with a smile.

"Tum academy ki situation jaanti ho, and before being bound in an unwanted and fake relation, I wanted to pledge myself to the one who means my everything." He explained himself.

And they both knew, they are gonna cherish that blank paper, for it brought them to each other.

Rajveer finally found his solace, to see her smiling and eyes glittering with trust for him, filled him with confidence once again.