1 - 10 . Confrontation

Start from the beginning

And that's when it hit you. He was waiting for something. But what was he waiting for? Or who. He was waiting for someone, not something or some shot.

You held your breath, trying not to panic or sweat so early into the game. You could use this as an advantage. You just needed to figure out how. He had to be waiting for someone, just who? The player had to be talented, more than talented if a whole team didn't even try their offense out.

Your eyes roamed the field, occasionally scouting the ball. You tried to find the reason for the groundhog heads waiting.

'Too bland, hair's too flat, no, no, definitely not, way too bland. How can he even see with hair in front of his- wait-' that's when it hit you. Number 7. 'Is he trying to blend in?' Reasoning didn't matter; what did is how you get between Ohkawa and the goal.

Kunigami was still struggling for a goal, Bachira occasionally passing it. You still had time. You didn't want to be rude, maybe a little, but Iemon sucked at being goalie. He was probably worse than the preschool team you coached for a summer job. Iemon was definitely worse. It was the fact he still wanted to score; that's what messed him up.

Itching over, you still kept your eye on the field, waiting for the perfect moment to steal the ball out of number seven's trajectory when he would gain possession. You assumed he wouldn't pass it to Okawa while he was guarded and would rather play safe by tossing it to an open field where only one player was. That player being you, who everyone was ignoring so far, to no surprise.

But that's when a certain redhead caught your eye. In the corner of your vision, you spotted your future sleepover princess giving you a not-so-princess-like look. Instead of his monotone look, his face was scrunched up, nose wrinkle bright as day even from how far you were from. Did you look that crazy?

Giving him a thumbs up, smile barely pronounced, he gave you one last look before going back to normal and standing guard.

'Not everybody can like me now that they think I'm gay.' If they always thought you were, you never wanted to acknowledge that.

You needed to forget about him, the only important one being Ohkawa now. He had already begun to walk over subtly with Isagi barely even following. You need to be able to get to the ball before he does.

You subtly moved towards the boy, close enough to steal the ball from under him if he tried to make it towards the goal. He took a glance at you but didn't change anything about his mannerisms.

As that distinct sound of a soccer ball being hit into the heel of a foot, you shot your eyes towards the sky. It was moving directly at you, and the faux mohawk zipped right towards you. 'So I was right! He was number seven!'

He ran, looking like he was having fun, the ball arching up and following his direction, almost like he was a magnet to the checkered ball. "What took you so long, Niko?"

You quickly turned on your heel, already semi-in the area around number seven. You were definitely the closest person on the field to him, though that might change if he keeps getting closer to the goal.

You guessed Isagi caught on, hearing him mutter a curse under his breath before the kicking up of the grass as he began chasing after you, or more likely Ohkawa. Isagi can't take this moment from you. You just had to run faster and faster. Faster until you get the ball.

The moment the ball landed smoothly into his soccer cleat, you knew this was your chance to get a goal. You just had to run faster than him now. You got this.

Knowing the nature of your teammates, Iemon would probably get out of the goal to try and block the boy. Your pace immediately quickened, almost to the side of the boy in the red jersey. He didn't even glance at you when you somehow matched his pace next to him, which struck a chord in you. 'Does he think I'm that unimportant?'