"Yess Mr. Joshi" I said and intertwined my finger with his and he laughed shaking his head.

"I don't care, tu chahe Anu ko utha ke lana, par lana warna mai tujhe chodungi nhi" Mallika said actually warned Dev.

"Yes ma'am" Dev said joining his hands.

"Utha ke laane me toh Dev will enjoy" Manav said and Dev hitted his head.

The conversation kept going on and I felt myself fully relaxing there and mixing up with their talks. It feels as of I'm a part of this and found myself thanking Dev for bringing me here with him. 

___

The college hours were finished but I stayed in the library pouring myself in book just to take my mind off everything and because I didn't wanted to go home and face mom right now.

After two-three hours the librarian threw me out cuz it was time to close the college, I lazily went home and as soon as I reached I headed to my room and closed the door so I don't run into mom.

It was now 7:30 in the evening and I was just laying on my bed watching a video on youtube when I received a text.

It was Dev.

Dev😎:Have you eaten?🤔 

         Me: Not yet😶

Dev😎:Good  

Me: Why? 🙄

Dev😎:I'm standing outside your house, have dinner with me. 😉😉

I nearly feel off my bed in hurry to the window. I opened it to get a better view of the front yard and sure enough, Dev was standing there leaning against his car. He waved up at me grinning.

"What are you doing here" I yelled from the window.

"I was in the neighbourhood" he replied, his voice came well up here, "Tumhari mom ki car nhi thi toh socha tum phir muh banake baithi hogi ki tumhare sath koi khane wala nhi hai" he said smirking.

"Shut up, aisa kuch nhi hai" I said, "Tum sach me aas paas the yaa aise hi bol re ho" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Don't flatter yourself, Arora" He replied putting his hands in his pockets, "Mom ke kaam se aya tha"

"Toh tum aa rhi ho yaa mujhe upar aakar kheech kr lana padega" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

I looked at him for a second and realized he wasn't joking so I said "I'll be there in a minute"

He grinned, "Great"

I was, still in my same college outfit so I didn't bothered changing. I just took a look in the mirror and made a high ponytail and rushed downstairs.

I walked upto where he was leaning against his car "Hey" he said and didn't noticed the hesitant look I was giving him. "Come on"

He even opened the door for me. I stayed still at my spot and looked at the passenger seat and then at him asking "Why are you doing this?"

"Eating alone is never fun" He replied smiling.

I watched him carefully, studying his face and trying not to think too much of this situation, but I couldn't help it. The fact was that he was standing here holding the car door open for me in front of my house just because he knew that I would be alone.

I erased all the thoughts shaking my head and kindly sat in the car without another word.He came and sat on the driver's seat after shutting my door and connected his phone to the speaker playing his favourite to-do list.

I looked at him and asked as he started the car, "Why were you in the neighborhood?"

"Mom ko kuch samaan chaiye tha toh wahi lene aya tha" he said and I nodded.

I recalled what he told me about his mother and her relationship with his father, how they grew apart when his father was too much engrossed in his work life. I never met his mother but I couldn't imagine what would she feel like.

As like he read my mind he said "You know it's really hard" My head snapped to his direction "Apne parents ko aise ek dusre se doorr dekhna"I looked at his face and it was blank, it didn't showed any type of emotion and so I asked "Why don't you talk to your dad about this?"

"She said that she want to do it herself" he said softly.I kept staring at him and I knew, right then, that how much this was eating him inside, I wanted to help him but I couldn't because even I didn't know what I would have done I were to be in his place.

"I want to tell him everything" he said, "I pick up my phone everydayto talk to him, but I just couldn't"

I looked away keeping myself in his shoes not knowing what could I say to make him feel better.

The rest of the ride was silent and we entered a chinese restaurant and took a seat. I guess he noticed the change in my behavior as he looked at me giving a too bright smile, "Are you excited about saturday?" he asked."

not really sure" I said.

"You'll love it" he said grinning, "Btw you're free on Friday right? It's Mallika's birthday party" he asked turning to me.

The word party was enough to scare me off but the mention of Mallika's birthday made it easier for me consider this one. "Usko invite krna hoga toh vo khud krlegi" I said casually.

"It's a surprise" he said chuckling, "It was Sumedh's idea" 

As he mentioned this I thought of how Mallika and Sumedh interacted, it was like there was something different about the two of them, so I found myself asking "Are Mallika and Sumedh dating?"

"They want to" he said focusing on his food. "Heinnn mtlb?" I asked.

"Mtlb dono Pagal hai ek no. ke" he said looking up, "Dono marte hai ek dusre pe lekin darte hai ki friendship na kharab ho jaye" He said and sighed.

"Areyy kyu jab dono same feel krte hai toh sath hona chaiye na" I asked in disbelief.

"Ha, dont worry he's going to propose her on Friday, sala pagla gya hai uske pyaar me" he said chuckling.

"They both are really cute, they'll make a best couple" I said grinning.

Dev looked at me and smirk came over to his lips and asked raising an eyebrow "And what about us? Aren't we cute too" he said in a girly tone.

I looked at him keeping my hands under my chin and burst out laughing at his expressions. He also started laughing.

"Hum log ka toh pta nhi" I said controlling my laugh, "But abhi jo tumne kiya wo bhut cute tha" I said pulling his cheeks and then he winked at me.

"Mai toh paida hi cute hua tha" He said and we laughed. 

"Ha ha thk hai ab khana khao" I said and we finished our dinner and left for home.

____________________________________

Heyys guyss!

So here's the another update, hope you all like it and if you do, don't forget to shower your love.💖💖💖