Experiment gone wrong?

"A—aaAhhh!—" Twilight shrieked and went flying. Kaboom, Kapow! As there was smoke inside the room.

"AaA-Choo! Ha—choo-!" She sneezed repeatedly while rubbing her nose, fixing her bangs, and adjusting her large, black glasses as there was black dust all over them.

"What in the world..? I just can't seem to get what's wrong." She muttered, looking at the mess she made, and adjusted her glasses again.

Sure, adjusting glasses when she's confused or focused has always been Twilight's thing. No doubt anyone could ever change that.

Twilight jerked up and widened her eyes when she heard footsteps coming over to the lab experiment room,

"Oh no! I—I better clean up this mess before Principal Cele—"

There was a small knock as the door opened, Twilight panicked and scurried all of the formula and ingredient bottles.

"Twilight? Me and principal Luna ar-"

Twilight was losing balance, and the glass bottles dropped, leaving Twilight to panic.

"Eh-...hehe... ......hi Principal Celestia...!"  Twilight gulped and smiled awkwardly,

Celestia's jaw dropped for a moment and continued back to her usual face, like nothing ever happened.

"Ehem.. I uhm-.. what seems to have happened here? And are you okay Twilight?" Celestia asked in a worried tone,

Twilight laughed nervously, "I.. um..I don't know! I was just following the steps you gave me and well.. it just went flying everywhere and exploded, And-"

"Okay Twilight, calm down. This isn't your fault, let's just clean up this mess, shall we? What matters is that you're not hurt." Principal Celestia smiled

"But Principal Celestia! I've practically ruined almost everything!" She stammered.

Principal Celestia sighed and looked at her, "Twilight, you don't need to overwork yourself."

"I-i know. But it's just that...I really wanna win the competition." Twilight confessed eagerly as she frowned

Principal Celestia walked closer to the girl and put both of her hands on her shoulder, "Twilight, listen to me."

"Winning isn't everything. It's the thought that counts, your Intentions, your passion. And I'm already proud of you because one of the best Head-Scientist chose you to join the competition. It will do good for our school." Principal Celestia added, smiling softly.

Twilight's heart sank, hearing those words coming from the Principal herself. Her whole life attending Crystal Prep, she's always been pressured to win and be the best out of all people. Crystal Prep was a drag for her, she's gotten bullied her whole life just for being a 'nerd'. Everyone in her school avoided her because she was always the Top-student. She was always treated like a damn outcast, just for being smart.

"I—" Twilight stammered for a moment, "Thank you. Thank you so much, Principal Celestia."

After a few seconds, Twilight broke the silence. "Well. I think it's best if I clean up this mess now!" Twilight smiled awkwardly as she playfully swung her arm.

"Okay, Twilight. Perhaps I should go discuss important activities with Vice Principal Luna now,
excuse me for a moment." Principal Celestia smiled as she left the room.

Twilight sighed, picking up the broom and sweeping the place while humming a song. "Hah. I better read more books once I get home," she muttered to herself.