***

when i saw you standing there
with the dyed up blonded-hair
they said that you had clout
i said i didn't care
when the liquor was all clear
i could see you through the glass
there's something i could tell you
but i forgot to ask
in the shadow of the stars
the lighter makes the spark
but i look better in the dark

     "i don't know... is it good?" jamie asked. jamie and i were in finneas's basement and she was currently writing the song that she was working on. i was helping her a little bit since she had writers block but overall the song was extremely good.
     "what the fuck? what do you mean is it good? jamie it's fucking incredible." i said honestly. i could tell her eyes lit up when i commented on her writing.
     "you think so?" she smiled a little and i nodded.
     "maybe you could repeat the last line? but like say "i look better in the dark" i suggested and she wrote it down.
     "are you ready to record it? i got an idea of what the instrumental should sound like." finneas said and played the instrumental. the music started with a drum machine and a jangly guitar beat. i could tell that jamie liked it and figured out the melody immediately.
     i pulled the microphone to her and she started to sing into it. finneas played around with her vocals and added reverb and all of that. after that, she started to record the second verse.

"do you think it would be weird
if i dropped into a dream?
always the first to know
always the last to leave.
if your sober in the morning
we can always just pretend
that you drank on your way home
and the party didn't end." jamie sung beautifully.

once she ended the song, she then recorded some background vocals and added some ad-libs. after that, the song was finished.
we listened to it a few times and fixed some issues and the song was perfect. i could tell jamie really liked the song. a few moments, i felt my stomach rumbling. i asked jamie if she wanted taco bell and she nodded. i grabbed her hand and pulled her up from the couch and dragged her out of the house.
"what do you want?" i asked jamie as we pulled into the taco bell drive thru.
"just get me whatever you're getting. i'm not picky." she replied. whenever i go to taco bell, i get my usual; two bean burritos. instead of two, i got three. once we reached the window, the cashier lady recognized me.
"that would be four seventy sev- oh my god! theres no way!" the lady exclaimed. i smiled and waved at her while she grabbed her phone and took a video. "GUYS, BILLIE EILISH IS HERE OH MY GOD!" she screamed excitedly. people came to the window and snapped multiple photos of me, including me with jamie right next to me. i gave the woman the money and she handed me my food. "MY DAUGHTER LOVES YOU!" was the last thing i heard before driving away.
"jesus fuck.." i heard jamie mutter under her breath. we began eating and talked about random shit on the way back to finneas's house.

***

JAMIE

as i woke up from my nap, i checked my phone. billie and i worked on our collab for her upcoming album after we ate our taco bell. i then drove home and fell asleep for a few hours. i opened the twitter app. (a/n: yes TWITTER, i hate the new name) the hashtag billieeilishandjamiewebb was trending. what the fuck?? i looked at my phone confused and tapped on it. i widened my eyes as i read tweets from all different fan and update accounts.

"BILLIE EILISH AND JAMIE WEBB SPOTTED TOGETHER AT TACO BELL"

"BILLIE EILISH REPLIED TO JAMIE WEBBS COMMENT"

"IS BILLIE EILISH GAY? IM SO CONFUSED"

what is happening. i texted billie immediately and told her about the situation.

BILS

did you see whats happening??

yeah. those bitches posted us together

its whatever though.

clarissa said she loved it.

she said that we needed to be seen together more

i mean do u wanna do it?

idc anymore. just know that i'm like not using u or some shit.

alright let me think on it more..

idk because i don't wanna be like

i just don't want people to hate on me just because of my sexuality.

the internet is so stupid i hate it

yeah i totally get it.

just lmk what your decision is and i guess we'll go along with that.

billie liked "just lmk what your decision is and i guess we'll go along with that."

i guess we'll see what happens soon..

a/n: idk what im going with this chapter im sorryyyyy

pls give me ur thoughts, comments, predictions, and suggestions for the upcoming chapters !!

w: 1390 <3