❝︎CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐭 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 her warmest clothes, wrapping the scarf molly had given her around her neck before turning to look at Hermione. When Hermione was ready, the two girls left the dorm. They were going on a Hogsmeade trip today and the winter snow was out in full force. The group of four walked together through Hogsmeade, keeping up casual conversation while Juniper had one hand stuffed in her pocket and the other hand was holding Hermione's.

"For weeks, you carry around this book practically sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the half-blood prince?" Hermione asked in disbelief.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious." Harry argued. "And I don't sleep with it."

"Well, it's true." Ron said. "I like a nice chat before I go to bed. All you do is read that bloody book. It's like being with Hermione and June."

Hermione glared at him. "Well, I was curious, so I went to―︎"

"The library." Ron and Harry finished.

"And?" Harry asked.

"And nothing." Hermione answered. "I couldn't find any reference to the half-blood prince."

"There we go." Harry shrugged. "That settles it, then."

"Filius, ah, I was hoping to find you in the Three Broomsticks!" The group turned when they heard Slughorn's voice, watching him as he walked up to professor Flitwick.

"Ah, no, uh emergency choir practice, I'm afraid, Horace." Flitwick said, walking past the man and then walking past the group of four.

"Does anyone fancy a Butterbeer?" Harry asked.

Juniper perked up. "I want a Butterbeer."

The three looked at her and Harry flashed her a smile. "The Three Broomsticks it is, then."

They made it into the Three Broomsticks, Harry picking a specific table. Ron and Harry sat on one side while Juniper and Hermione sat on the other. A waiter walked up to their table. "Something to drink?"

"Um, four butterbeers and some ginger in mine, please." Hermione answered. The waiter nodded and left. Juniper pulled off her scarf, shrugging off her coat with Hermione helping her take it off, draping it over the back of Juniper's chair.

"Oh, bloody hell." Ron sighed, his attention on somewhere else. The three of them turned to spot Ginny sitting with Dean Thomas. "Slick git," Ron mumbled.

"Honestly, Ronald, they're only holding hands." Hermione scoffed, turning to look back at Ginny before quickly looking back at Ron. "And snogging."