Aemond's eyes followed to the egg, a hint of pride flickering across his features. "A dragon egg from Dreamfyre," he mused aloud, nodding approvingly. "A fitting gift for a Targaryen. May it inspire her as she grows."

He then turned to Dyana, offering her a grateful nod. "Thank you for assisting in this joyous occasion and for taking such good care of my family," he said, his gratitude sincere.

Dyana responded with a graceful inclination of her head. "It is my honor, your grace. The children were most eager to meet their sister and bring her the egg."

Aemond then sat on the edge of the bed, his arm encircling my shoulders. His touch was a pillar of support, his presence a comforting shield. "And how fares my queen?" he whispered, leaning in to kiss my forehead gently.

"I am well, now that you are here with us," I replied, leaning into his strength.

Maekar tugged at his sleeve, a serious expression shaping his young features. "Father, we will all protect Laena, right?"

"Indeed we will," Aemond affirmed, his voice firm and protective. "Just as we protect each other. She will grow strong and brave with you both to guide her."

The gardens of the Red Keep were a sanctuary of sorts for me, a place where the whispers of court faded into the rustling of leaves and the scent of blooming flowers

The gardens of the Red Keep were a sanctuary of sorts for me, a place where the whispers of court faded into the rustling of leaves and the scent of blooming flowers. It was here that I often found a moment's peace away from the duties and expectations that weighed heavily upon my shoulders as a princess of House Targaryen. The gentle sunlight filtered through the high branches, casting dappled shadows upon the path where I walked alone, lost in thought about my growing family and the future that lay ahead for us all.

I was so engrossed in my prayers that I didn't notice Larys Strong until he was almost upon me. His approach was silent, his presence unsettling as he emerged from behind a sculpted yew hedge.

"Princess Lyanna," he greeted, his voice smooth, carrying an undercurrent that immediately put me on edge. "A fine day, isn't it?"

I stiffened slightly, forcing a polite smile. "Lord Larys, it is indeed. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

He smiled, though it did not reach his eyes. "I merely wished to take a stroll and saw you here, alone and contemplative. It seemed like fate."

His words were courteous enough, but his tone suggested an ulterior motive that I could not quite place. Larys had a reputation for being deeply embedded in the court's intrigues, often knowing more than he should. I instinctively tightened my grasp on the fabric of my gown, preparing myself for whatever came next.

"Larys, I hope your stroll isn't just about me," I said, keeping my voice light, trying not to show my unease.

"Oh, but sometimes, fate offers us moments to discuss matters that are... beneficial for both parties involved," he replied, his gaze sharp. "I've heard your new daughter has been gifted a dragon egg. A significant choice, isn't it?"