Shapeshifter

Prologue

Life. What exactly does it mean to some people? For some people it means fame, fortune. Others, normal life. Nothing special but nothing horrible. Then there is my definition of life... My definition is that life, is just a word used to disguise all the nightmares and all of the pain we experience. Those horror stories you were told as a kid, the ones your parents had to make sure they had fully convinced you they weren't real.

The monsters under your bed, the bloodsuckers roaming the streets, the animals howling on all fours at the full moon. I knew they weren't real. But then again, everything I "knew" was proved a lie. After I met this guy I figured out that in all reality, I knew nothing of the outside world. Absolutely nothing.

************************************

Chapter 1

My name is Lauren Bell. I'm 15 years old. I'm a singer/songwriter. I am a happy person. On the outside, physically I'm smiling. Always laughing. But mentally, I'm drained. Tired; exhausted for that matter. No matter what I do, I always mess something up.

I used to be on top. Popular. Then everything changed. Everyone just left. A few stayed. A few left. I should be happy for what I have got. But I'm not. Sometimes I wish I could just die, you know. Leave behind all the shit that tortures me. But then I think,

"What would that do to the ones who love me?"

How would that effect the few friends I have left? So I stay, I stay and try to ignore the world. It doesn't work half the time, but at least I'm trying. Everything started about 3 years ago.. I was 12, being a kid living life. Then I realized that everything I believed in, everything I thought I knew was a lie. I gave up on everything. Love, friendship, I just got tired of fighting myself everyday. I hated the way my body looked I hated the way I felt about myself.

School was the one place I never wanted to go. It made me sick to my stomach. I got dirty looks, people talked behind my back. I figured if I kept to myself everything would be fine. Bad idea.

Have you noticed that everyone gets a stereo type? If you are alone, or keep to yourself, you're a so called loner. If you're outgoing and around people, you are looking for attention. You drink you are an alcoholic, you don't drink you are chicken. You smoke you are a pot head, you don't smoke you are scared.

No matter who you are, what you look like, where you are from. You are ALWAYS gonna get judged for something. That's just the ignorant world we live in.

I kept to myself, people made rumors.

Girls harassed me, but I ignored them. I didn't want drama getting in the way of life. I didn't want anything getting between me and life.

I didn't feel accepted at school. I hung out with guys mostly because guys don't have the tendency to make up rumors out of boredom from their own pathetic lives. Girls are mean. They hurt each other because there is always one thing EACH girl wishes she had. It might be a thinner body, different colored hair, a good singing voice, more friends. It could be anything big or little. No matter how big or small it may be, every girl has that one thing.

Once a girl meets another girl with that one thing she wishes she has she gets jealous. She either takes out her jealousy in a positive way or negative. Either way jealousy is a feeling every person experiences.

I know that when I get jealous I tend to not take it out negatively but to become friends with that person and see if they can help me improve or learn the trait.

************************************

Chapter 2

I was sitting in science next to my partner. Keeping to myself as I always did in school. When I hear the slightest whisper then the highest pitched giggle I have ever heard. I turn around and see two girls staring at the back of my head talking and laughing. This happened everyday. They were talking about me. I know it.