Final

Disclaimer: I do not own Mo Dao Zu Shi or any of its characters. All copyright belongs to their rightful owners.

Wei Wuxian marveled when the snowflakes actually floated in the Cold Springs. They came down in slow swooping patterns only to get stuck at the surface. Winter in Gusu was an odd affair where the deepest snows only fell on the mountains where the Cloud Recesses resided.

The snowflakes wobbled, perfectly preserved on the water, and Wei Wuxian's mind seemed to clear all of his rambling thoughts as he watched.

A soft crunch of approaching footsteps drew his attention. He turned and froze when he met Lan Qiren's stern gaze.

He wondered if the old man was angry he was staying here, that his youngest nephew had brought him back. He waited to see if he was about to scold him like the old days.

However, Lan Qiren said nothing. Instead, he kneeled beside him and patted his thigh.

"Rest. You've done enough," he finally said. Wei Wuxian couldn't help but tear up and hug his former mentor's leg like a child. His tired eyes squeezed shut.

"Thanks for being my pillow, Lan-laoshi," he mumbled. The older huffed and began to meditate, stroking his head and circulating qi slowly to keep both of them warm.

"Your parents would be proud."