𝟬𝟬𝟯 - chapter three

Start from the beginning

"We're here". Abby spoke up after about ten minutes, and Brooke sat up, looking out the window. She saw the entrance to the building, where the best new artist party was being held, but then she saw so many paparazzi outside, behind barricades as they took photos of a woman walking inside the building with her security guard, and Brooke recognised her as a singer. Abby stopped the car and looked over to Brooke and Gracie, Jacob taking his seatbelt off and looking out the window. "You two sure you wanna do this?".

Gracie pressed her lips together and looked at the Sturniolo girl beside her, still holding onto her hand. Brooke knew that there was no point in hiding anymore, since everyone knew about her and Gracie being together. Everyone basically hated the both of them at this point, and there were definitely going to be posts at the end of the night of Gracie and Brooke, and people commenting shitty things about them. Brooke just wanted to be in her room right now, hiding under her covers and doing nothing, but she also wanted to be there for Gracie.

Brooke looked over to Abby and slowly nodded after a moment, sighing as she spoke up. "Yeah".

"You sure?". Gracie suddenly asked as she looked at her girlfriend. "I'm sorry if you feel forced to do this, baby. You honestly don't have to if you don't want to, I understand-".

"I'm sure". Brooke interrupted with a smile, squeezing Gracie's hand. "There's no point in hiding, anyways. Right?".

"Right".

"Okay, I'll get out of the car first, and then you can come after, when you're ready". Jacob explained, opening the door as the paparazzi immediately looked over to the vehicle, seeing Jacob get out. They started screaming Jacob's name and took photos of him with their cameras, and he just gave them a small smile before turning around to look at the car, where Gracie, Abby and Brooke were still sat inside. Brooke watched as Abby looked over at her and Gracie.

"So, when you're ready, you two can go out, and I'll go park the car somewhere before I meet you both inside". Abby explained, and Gracie nodded, grabbing her purse and taking her seatbelt off, Gracie doing the same.

"Thanks, Abby". Gracie smiled at her cousin before grabbing Brooke's hand again and looking out the window. Gracie sighed slowly. "Okay...".

After about a minute, Gracie opened the door and got out of the car, getting the paparazzi's attention. They stopped screaming Jacob's name as they stared at Gracie for a moment, and then they immediately started taking photos of her, lights flashing everywhere. Gracie gulped before turning around and looking inside the car, holding her hand out for Brooke to take. Brooke breathed in slowly before grabbing Gracie's hand and letting the woman help her out of the car. When the paparazzi saw Brooke, she could see the shocked looks on their faces, but they continued taking photos, but this time, they didn't stop, they just kept doing it, staring at the couple and screaming their names, screaming many questions as well.

Brooke gulped, starting to feel anxious as lights flashed everywhere, around her and Gracie. Jacob closed the door and gave Abby a thumbs up, the woman driving off to try and find somewhere to park her car. Jacob looked back at Brooke and Gracie and nodded towards the entrance, where there were two security guards standing.

"Alright, come on". Jacob stayed near Brooke and Gracie as the three of them started walking towards the entrance of the building, the paparazzi continuing to take photos.

Gracie gave Brooke's hand a reassuring squeeze as they walked together, hearing many people screaming at them.

"What's it like being traitors?!".