Nihl

Tink.

.

.

.

Tink.

.

.

.

Tink.

That was the repetitive sound filling the empty halls on the Herta Space Station.

The lonesome sound of metal being flicked by a nail.

The coin spinning in the air and caught without the woman toying with it ever looking if it was a heads or tails, not that it mattered.

She didn't care.

No.

It was not that she didn't care, she was unable to care in the way others could.

The world was naturally dull to her, muted of all feelings and senses, a world empty of meaning.

A life filled with nihility through no fault of her own but of her creator and even there she couldn't find it in her black heart to feel anything. It was not like she did it on purpose.

Tink.

Life... It was a hard thing to create. Even through good old means, sex between a male and a woman, could come out with baby far from perfect, few are anyway. But for a being created piece by piece in a test tube it seemed even more plausible for human error to play into the hands dealt.

A sigh mixed with a huff... No, her creator did not make such mistakes, she had worked through decades to perfect her and she still was a failure, that was her own fault.

No sense of smell or taste would have already been a failure if it stopped there... But of course it didn't... She was different, her mind worked differently.

When someone cried, she just wanted it to stop.

When someone laughed, she didn't understand.

When someone was angry, she was disinterested.

She wouldn't say she outright lacked All emotions but from tests run, she couldn't display some of and those she had were dulled... It wasn't found out if she could, in some way, correct these mistakes in the future... This was enough to be branded a failure and abandoned with the rest.

All she truly had was her touch, conveying herself through that and making memories that way as the rest were numbed, dulled memories.

And through no fault of her own, her apathy for life, for existence and just being drew the gaze of an aeon who's life was that emptiness. Stepping on the path of nihility because she could even make her first step out of the test tube she was born from, her life sealed.

Tink.

Her creator was secretive, leaving nothing of her research behind, so not even Herta, member of the genius society that owned this spaceship, knew how this fatal flaw came to be in her code, her genes... This almost inbuilt nihility to life, never having had the chance to be normal before being sent down that path of nothingness.

She tired, many times, to imagine a life like the others but couldn't.

She couldn't even fake it as she didn't understand the subtle intricacies that came with it... Asta said she had her own way of expressing herself just like each person showed the same emotion differently but she couldn't see it.

She had a personality? She didn't think so despite what others said. 

And so... She embraced this emptiness... Since she was left behind.