𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚. onward

"Y/N, wake up, you'll be going to work, right?"

"Nooo" she turned her back and curled up as she hugged the comforter closer.

Gojo blinked for a few times, he was still sleepy when he tried to wake his wife up, but now he was completely awake.

'Did she just whine?'

"Y/N, are you okay?" he asked.

"I don't have work" she responded in a muffled and sleepy voice.

"Huh?" Gojo was so confused at her actuation. This was so unusual for her, because normally she would already be hurrying up to get ready. The tables seemed to have turned.

'What is happening, normally she's the one waking me up and telling me to get ready'

"Y/N, don't blame me if you'll be late"

"I told you I don't have work"

"You're dreaming, right?"

Y/N let out a groan before slowly sitting up, her hair was a mess, and she still hasn't opened her eyes and heaved a long sigh. "I resigned, didn't I tell you last night?"

"What?" Gojo looked surprised. "You didn't tell me that"

"..."

"Are you serious?"

"Hmm"

"You don't seem drunk" he said and then put his hand on her forehead. "You're not sick either"

This time, Y/N opened her eyes and yawned. "Now my sleep is ruineeed!!" She dragged the last word.

Gojo found it amusing how she acts like a child, contrary to her usual mature and very adult demeanor.

"This is rare" he muttered.

"Are you actually sleep talking right now?" Gojo questioned.

"No" she replied.

"Then, are you going to work now?" he asked again, just to make sure.

"I told you I already resigned. You were not listening to me last night, were you?" now she was wide awake.

"Huh?" Gojo furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean, huh? You mean, you were not listening to everything I've told you?"

Gojo just smiled nervously. He was definitely not.

It was the first time in forever that Y/N went home early last night. And it was the first time she actually just went to bed and leaned on the headrest and just started talking to him, at some point in their conversation, Gojo lied down, and made her lap as his pillow, and she just unconsciously pat and played with his hair as she continued what she was saying.

Gojo loved the feeling and couldn't help but zone out and just admire her. He was too focused on the soft pats and brushes she gives and was looking up at her so fondly she doesn't even notice.

Until both of them fell asleep.

"Not even when I told you that I have already set the schedule with Geto, but we will be having a beach vacation first before we finally go to the camp?"

"Uhm..."

Y/N just stared at him in disbelief. "It's already summer next week, Haru has been requesting for us to go to the beach." she says.

"I know!"

"I mean I know Haru wanted to go to the beach" he added. "But why did you resign all of a sudden?"