𝟬𝟬𝟮 - chapter two

Start from the beginning

"It really does suck, Gracie. It sucks that we got caught and I hate that we did". Brooke nodded. "But you shouldn't be saying sorry, okay?".

Then, Brooke looked down to the mattress, mumbling her words, hoping Gracie wouldn't hear her. "I should be the one saying sorry, honestly".

But Gracie did hear what she said, and she looked at her with a serious look, shaking her head and squeezing Brooke's hands, to make her look at her. When Brooke looked back at Gracie, the Abrams woman spoke up this time, the two girls still holding onto each other's hands.

"It's not your fault". Gracie promised her. "None of it is, alright?".

"I wasn't thinking properly". Brooke whispered. "When we were at long pond, I should've made sure that no one was around before kissing you and...and it's all my fault we got caught-".

"Love". Gracie interrupted, speaking softly and letting go of her girlfriend's hands. Gracie gently cupped Brooke's cheeks and sighed slowly, shaking her head again. "None of this is your fault. None of it, okay? The person who took the pictures of us should have minded their own business, but they didn't. It's their fault".

Brooke stared at Gracie, not really believing her since she did blame herself.

Gracie noticed, and gently rubbed Brooke's cheek with her thumb. "Listen to me, Brooke. This isn't your fault, alright?".

It was silent between the two girls now, and Brooke stared at Gracie who was already looking at her, a small frown on the older woman's face. After a moment, Brooke slowly nodded, letting out a small sniffle and leaning forward, resting her head on Gracie's chest. Gracie leaned down, resting her chin on top of Brooke's head and slowly rubbing her back to try and make her feel better, and she closed her eyes, humming quietly when it got quiet again.

"I just-". Brooke mumbled, hiding her face in Gracie's chest. "I hate how everyone's treating you online. And...I don't want your parents to be mad at you as well...you know, I do think things would get better if we just...if we...".

Gracie knew what Brooke was trying to say, and she opened her eyes and pulled away from the girl, looking down at her in disbelief. "What?".

"Gracie, I just want you and your parents relationship to be okay again-".

"No, no, don't do that". Gracie interrupted with a scoff, shaking her head. "We're not going to break up just because of what everyone thinks".

"I just want things to be okay-".

"No". Gracie said. "We're not ending things between us, alright? I- I'm not gonna let you do that".

Brooke bit the inside of her cheek and looked back down, staring at her lap.

"Baby, you know I love you, right?". Gracie whispered. "I love you so much".

"I know". Brooke nodded, looking back at Gracie.

Gracie gave the girl a small, reassuring smile and leaned forward, letting their foreheads touch. The two girls closed their eyes, Brooke feeling Gracie's breath on her face, and their foreheads were still touching, Gracie leaning forward and pressing a kiss to the top of Brooke's nose.

They both heard Weenie jump off the bed and run out of the bedroom, his tail still wagging, and now it was the two girls in the bedroom alone again.