🌼💙

Thanks for the idea, OINKWAWA sorry it's so short, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

=====

August 8, 10:23 a.m

Tsukishima Kei (19)

Everything had pointed to him liking me back.

He always wanted to go to my house, even back in high school. He always wanted to be near me, and always asked how my family was doing as if he were adopting them as his own.

I liked him back, probably more than he'd ever know, so I naturally made a move on him.

It was the day we met again after each heading to separate colleges. He had texted me that morning, wanting to meet up for dinner after leaving the airport later that day. I agreed, thinking to myself that this was going to be the day my love could be revealed. How I've longed for him to be mine, so when he goes back to Brazil I don't have to worry about someone snatching him from my hands.

I agreed to dinner, dressed my best for him, and brought him to the restaurant. His stunning beauty, now paired with sun-kissed skin, golden hair, and that familiar pair of hazel eyes lightened by the sun's warmth, made my knees weak at the sight.

When he came up to me on the sidewalk, I could barely utter his name. He hugged me, spoke of how much he missed me, and he was so warm, so strong yet still so incredibly small in comparison to me that I felt my heart stutter and hammer in my chest.

We finished dinner a couple of hours later, caught up on all the things we had been going through, and, before I knew it, night fell, and Shouyou bashfully asked if we could go back to my place.

I had told him my brother and I were sharing a place, but I was so entranced with him, with this godly person, that I hadn't seen his intentions.

He was never looking at me, he was always looking past, at Akiteru.

That night replays in my mind every hour, every minute of the day. We entered my and Akiteru's apartment, went into my room, and shut the door. I had taken a hold of his arm, turned him my way, and I kissed his soft, warm lips.

They tasted like honey, felt like satin upon mine, and the hitch of his breath, the shock in his eyes- What all seemed so sweet at the moment became bitter soon after.

He shook his head. Said he just couldn't accept my feelings. There's someone else he loves, and it's best if we just remain as friends.

Though my chest was heavy with a saturated heart, I let him sleep beside me in bed, I let him get up in the middle of the night, and I let him go to Akiteru's room.

I followed him as if to rub salt in my own wounds.

"Akiteru," he says sweetly in the doorway of my brother's room.