The Return to the Ton

Bright-eyed young girl, a man battling his demons with a broken shield.

Dearest reader,

After another treacherous season among the Ton and the trials and tribulations that had come with our previous season's diamond, it is now time that new sprouts begin to bloom among our Ton. In this remarkable new season, I await the arrival of any extraordinary changes made among our crop, resulting from our Queen's previous lack of judgement from our previous season. Perhaps our Queen's clouded judgement shan't be opposed to these extraordinary changes in our society-

"Sister, it is quite improper of you to be in cohorts with such gossip on the eve of your debut," Simon warns as Jessica reads the piece of parchment in her hands.

"Dear brother, you'd shan't blame me but your wife for the purpose of my newfound education among the Ton. Despite such gossip, it is of utmost importance that I am absolutely prepared to enter this colosseum of suitors on the eve of my debut to the queen- thank you very much," Jessica bites back at her brother, pulling the piece of parchment closer to herself as they sit int heir carriage. Her brother rolls her eyes, still managing to take the piece of parchment from her reach and crumpling it up to Jessica's disgust.

"Darling, Jess simply wanted to know what all the fuss was about in London," Daphne says, rocking baby Auggie in her arms.

"Dearest, is it so wrong of me to not want to look out for my sister?" Simon differs.

"I concur, despite your comments and claims I do agree with your efforts to try and shield me away from the stares of angry mamas and the wandering eyes of suitors, but if Spain was any lesson to my knowledge I shall be at utmost decency in this setting," Jessica agrees, twisting his words into her favour.

"See? Not to worry, my love. And if all else resides, I shall be her escort if you so shall wish," Daphne agrees. Simon huffs in response, crossing his arms and muttering softly in agreement. Daphne and Jessica share a knowing look of agreement.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The sounds of scribbling against parchment can be heard from the fifth door down the first hall to the left of the stairs. A now-grown Viscount Anthony Bridgerton, writing away at one of various proposals, a duty he took up many years ago after the passing of the Late Viscount, his father. Exasperated, the Viscount closes his elegant fountain pen with a sigh, running a hand through his hair as he sits back, mind racing with all sorts of thoughts. The mahogany door of his study opens suddenly to reveal Violet Bridgerton, his mother staring back at him with a soft smile.

"My darling, I'd have you note it is due time for you to have a rest," Violet remarks. The viscount forges a smile quickly, his dimples peeking through slightly as he does.

"I concur, my dear mother. I can most certainly note how my mind is in dire need of rest from such tedious work," Anthony agrees, standing from his seat at his desk and heading toward the door alongside his mother, planting a short kiss on her cheek before moving past her. But before he can stride along too far, Violet steps in front of him.

"Have you also made note of returning to find your Viscountess this season?" Violet asks.

"I'd have you note that I am in no rush to find my Viscountess, dear mother and that once again if I do find her, I shall seek you out when I shall please," Anthony says quickly, attempting to avoid his mother's conversation. He moves past her, avoiding the calls of his name behind him, heading down the stairs into the common room along with his siblings.

"Ahh, Anthony, finally taking a break from your high horse, aren't you?" Eloise remarks as she looks up from her book.

"If that's what brightens your days, sister, so be it," Anthony says sarcastically, making Eloise scoff.