Glast's Subjugation War (7)

Magsimula sa umpisa

– Whoosh.

Needless to say, they all burnt to a crisp.

Neither the bizarre looking test subjects nor the escaped gremlins were any match for me.

At the start of the first semester, I might have struggled with basic magic, but now, nearing the end of the second semester, I have trained so rigorously, leading an unbelievably tough routine, that no low-ranking magical beast stands a chance against me.

[ Your proficiency in elemental magic has increased. ]

[ Your proficiency in magic sense has increased. ]

Is this the true joy of a sweeping hunt? The unique experience point bombs of magical beasts poured down on me. Sorry Taely...! I'll just take a little...!

I managed to reach nearly the exit without disturbing the magical beasts as much as possible.

As I was sprinting with all my might, a huge iron door came into sight.

It looks imposing from the inside but would appear merely as a stonewall from the outside, hidden as it is by camouflage magic.

Opening this door leads to the sewers. Of course, it cannot be opened just like that. One must use the decryption magic shared amongst those who know of this lab's existence.

If unable to decrypt, one must break it down completely.

Taely would've been able to slice through the door entirely using the Sword Saint technique, but I lack such a skill.

Originally, my plan was to hide nearby and slip out through the open exit when Taely arrived. However, it seems there might not be time for that now.

Still, I possess the master key. I pinched and pulled on Lucy's cheek, who was softly breathing behind me.

Her cheek stretched out like mochi as Lucy woke up from her slumber.

* 'Preparing for battle...?'

The immense flow of mana spreads through the sewer passages.

Lortelle Keheln can sense that something has happened on the side of Yenika. Perhaps he met a magical golem wandering the sewers, but a low-tier magical golem would not be capable of summoning such powerful mana.

Lortelle himself has encountered a few magical golems while strolling through the sewers, though they're troublesome since direct magic doesn't work on them; they're not mightily strong opponents. It's easy to defeat them by breaking the inner walls with magic and applying external physical force.

Lortelle Keheln once faced Yenika at her full power during a combined combat exercise.

Even if senior students were to attack her, it is almost impossible for anyone, other than the faculty, to overpower Yenika when she is at her full strength.

Especially if it's first-year students, it's not even worth discussing.

However, it appears that time is dragging on. Although it's unclear what's happening, if issues have arisen in the search for Ed, it presents an opportunity for Lortelle.

Indeed, Lortelle has found a clue within the sewer that leads to a secret research lab.

'Somewhere nearby, there is a magic that's been concealed.'

Lortelle is particularly sensitive to magic sensing, so much so that even Professor Glast acknowledged her and placed her in class A.

She never misses even the slightest mana reaction within a few meters radius. Yenika, who is specialized in spirit magic, might be a bit numb to these sensations.