Part One

Missy P.O.V.

I was gushing all the way home how cool it was the Paige had punched Sheldon. You would've too if you'd heard the THWACK sound her fist had made.

I had been close by when it had happened, but not close enough to hear what they'd been arguing about. Chances were Sheldon had spewed some dumb crap that had finally made her snap; he could be really annoying when he wanted to be. He must've figured out how to hit her where it hurt though; last I'd heard he thought an askew strand of hair on his head would've hurt her.

"I still can't believe she did that," I said as we walked into our house, still in awe. "It was so cool."

"It was not cool," Mom scolds. "We don't condone violence. Though I'm sure Paige had a good reason, she's such a sweet girl. The divorce must've hit her pretty hard."

"She didn't even have a good reason to punch me. She'd upset me so I decided to upset her. I hadn't realized she would be so sensitive," Sheldon protested.

Mom looked at him with a stern expression. "Shelly, what did you do?"

"Why do you think I did something wrong?"

"What. Did. You. Do?"

Personally, I thought this was great. At least I wasn't the one in trouble for once.

"I told her she probably thought her parents's divorce was her fau-"

"Sheldon Cooper!"

"Mom, she was irritating me, it was only fair of me to irritate her back!"

"By telling her her parents's divorce was her fault?"

"She started it!"

God, Sheldon could be such a baby. As they continued arguing back and forth - "She's already struggling so much with the divorce" - I went into our shared room and lay down on my bed. I wanted to call Paige but I didn't know which parent's house she was at, and I'd have to go into the living room to use our phone anyway.

After a few minutes, Sheldon came back into our room, grouchy as ever.

"Aw," I teased. "Didn't Mommy clean your boo-boos?"

"Shut up, Missy, you haven't been in a fight."

I look at him with my patented what-just-came-out-of-your-mouth look.

"Well, it's different," he explains.

"Why? Because you were wrong?"

"You enjoy teasing me, don't you?"

He took my silence as agreement.

Dinner was pretty awkward that night, what with Mom being mad at Sheldon, Dad being mad at Sheldon because presumably she'd filled him in, Meemaw and Georgie clueless and trying to decipher the tension.

Meemaw cleared her throat.

"So, Moon Pie, what's that bruise on your face for?"

"He got punched," I butted in, my face lighting up. "By Paige. It was awesome."

"It was not awesome," Mom scolded. "Your brother got punched."

"Yeah, yeah," I replied, turning to whisper 'yeah it was' to Meemaw.

"Could you stop?" Sheldon asked. "I am still in immense pain."

"Aw, it's okay, sweetie," Mom replied, rubbing his arm.

I rolled my eyes. He had been a little shit to Paige and was being comforted. If I'd been the one with a black eye she wouldn't have been acting the same.