The tears didn't stop, not untill Jacaerys allowed for Valaena to rest upon his shoulder and dry her tears on his doublet.

Both Rhaenyra and Daemon were quiet. Rhaenyra felt horrible at ripping her daughter's life away from her. Still she recognized she had little options, recalling the day she had been wed herself all to well. Laenor had just lost his lover, and she remembered how he had cried as they said their vows. Joffrey's blood still coated her dress when the Sept officiated them.

And then there had been Harwin, and oh how she loved her children, and him. Still it would have all been easier, had Laenor been their father instead of Harwin. Perhaps then she wouldn't have to betroth her only daughter to a foreign stranger. The young Lord of an ancient house, that did not even follow the same faith as she did. Nor did they follow much of the same traditions. Would he be gentle with Valaena, would he love her?

Daemon had insisted that Cregan Stark would be the best match. Stark men were loyal, and despite the rumors of Cregan being named vicious, Daemon ensured Rhaenyra she shouldn't worry, as Cregan himself had asked for Valaena's hand. Years ago, after the Blackwood Tourney.

They had refused of course,

Up untill now.

Valaena chewed on her lip as she played with the hem or her cloak. She wore lilac, despite her mother urging her to wear black and red to blend in with the rest of her family, or perhaps to leave an impression on the Starks.

Valaena groaned, pushing her face into Jacaerys' shoulder as their carriage rolled into the courtyard. Her mother, heavily pregnant was helped out of the carriage by Daemon. Jacaerys gave him sister a squeeze, holding her shoulder as he cast his eyes down. Before he too exited followded by Lucerys whose cheeks were red from the cold.

Valaena cursed, perhaps a bit too loud as she could hear Daemon chuckle.

She waited for a moment, would Cregan refuse to marry her, were she to act like an insolent child, though perhaps, if she acted rash. She'd be wed to some other fat old country Lord. A Lannister, Lord Bracken, an ugly old man whose only son and heir had died to the hands of the former Lord Blackwood, though Lord Blackwood was only a child then. His wife had passed in childbirth two years ago. He had no children.

He wouldn't be so bad, a handsome Lord only 13 years older than she. Still, there were other Lords to consider. Older ones, or very young Lords, which made her want to heave all the more.

Valaena bit her lip, taking a deep breath as she too exited the carriage. She glared at her stepfather, before plastering a smile on her face. Although she found that she couldn't hold her smile and tears again welled in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away, taking shallow breaths, hoping to steady herself without appearing as if she had gone mad. (She had)

She smiled, though her eyes didn't catch those of family in front of her.

"Your Highness."

She tried to snap out of it, still her hands shook when he kissed the top of her skin. Bowing before her.

"We welcome you to the North Princess."

She blinked, Lord Cregan's face finally coming into view as she nodded. Munbling a weak thank you. Still his smile didn't fade. She tried to smile st him, but it was more of a grimace as the voices of her mother and Cregan Stark conversing thrummed in her ears.