𝐕𝐈 : 𝐀𝐝𝐚'𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

"But thanks to the efforts of our John, and his lovely new wife Esme, the Lees are now our kin. I interrupted those efforts this morning and I can assure you all, John is making great sacrifices for the cause of peace." Tommy laughed.

Lola turned to Finn and gagged dramatically as the room filled with laughter.

"Yeah, all right" John grumbled, trying to shut everyone up.

"It'll be us and the Lees against Kimbers boys. We take them out but leave the bookies and I expect a swift victory which will send a signal all the way to London that we believe in letting legitimate businesses run peacefully." Tommy kept talking and Lola began making stupid faces to Finn out of boredom, to which he tried to signal her to stop as Tommy had already noticed, earning a pointed glare as the room filled with laughter once again, which made Lola uncomfortable.

"And what about Kimber himself?" John asked, a light smile still on his face.

"I'll deal with Kimber. Any other questions?" Tommy asked, looking around the room.

"Yes" her aunt said, walking over to the door, making Lola confused.

"Does anyone object if I bring a newcomer to this meeting?" her aunt Pol asked, turning back to Tommy's direction.

After a few seconds, Lola gasped and a bright smile found its way onto her face at the sight of Ada with a baby in her arms.

"I'd like to introduce the newest member of the Shelby clan," Polly said as Ada walked into the room.

The room filled with applause and Lola stood up and went over to her sister.

"It's nice to see you again" Lola said, quietly smiling at her sister.

"I've missed you lo," Ada said, before walking past her and going to Tommy while her aunt Pol grabbed Lola's shoulders, pulling her into a hug.

"It's nice to see that smile again." her aunt whispered to the girl.

Lola hummed in response, sitting down at the table again, slowly drifting back into her thoughts.

Lola, now sat next to a fast asleep Ada, along with a fast asleep Karl, was desperately trying to tell herself how she acrepeciated the company of others, specifically her sisters in that time, given how long it had been since the pair were together in happy circumstances.

Lola just couldn't help but want to be alone. She didn't want Jack, she didn't want her family, she didn't want any new friends.

The only thing she wanted, was to be alone.

Lola sighed and brought her knees up to her chin before taking a sip of her boiling hot tea, letting the warmth that she so desperately needed, fill her mouth, then her throat, then her stomach, feeling a sense of comfort she hadn't felt in a while, a small smile of contentment finding it's way into the girl face as she shut her eyes, ready to fall asleep.

The comfort of the moment was ruined when the door burst open, causing Lola to shoot up and look at Tommy, who had just burst into the room, with a scowl.

"Ada, wake up. You, the baby, and Lola get into the Bull Ring, where there are lots of people" Tommy ordered, frantically.

"Why? What's happening?" Ada asked, Standing up, and picking Karl up gently.

"We've been fucking betrayed," Tommy said, clearly overcome by anger.

Lola frowned deeply, wondering when any plan would go smoothly for her family.