Chapter 1

My name is Jonah Tresim Carenna, I am 15 years old, I am bisexual, and I am genderfluid. I was an Angel, but not an important one up in heaven no no no I was one of the outcasts sent to live on earth with humans and try to be 'normal' and fit in.

I was made an outcast for cursing and almost all my songs on my phone having cursing in them. Honestly I don't see the point in making words if you're forbidden to say them. I was made an outcast at age nine. So far I haven't been caught by anyone as a fallen.

Now let me explain Fallens, Fallens are cast out of heaven for committing a sin, they aren't pure if they have committed a sin and therefore can no longer live in heaven. Fallens wings are tinted grey once fallen, the more sins they commit the darker they get. The wings become either smaller or bigger when they fall, depends on the impact, if you land on your front they get bigger, if you land on your back they become smaller. They can't stay the same size because the hunters and observers need to be able to tell fallen and pure apart. Hunters are angels that are told fallen are evil and are now a part of Satan's army, therefore making us fair game. Observers are angels that come to earth to watch over someone or to study earth for fun.

Now that I've explained all of that, let me get into more detail about me. I have short black hair, big black wings, I am always wearing all black, I usually wear a hoodie to hide my wings, I am depressed, I have been told I'm a bit morbid and hard to hang out with, I have no family, I have anxiety, and I have been abused. Every time someone so much as lifts their hand I flinch on instinct. I love swords and I am a loser.

I have no home so I mostly chill out on a roof or sneak into an abandoned building. I have committed murder, I have never killed a human but I have killed a couple of hunters. I am always on the run from hunters like every other fallen.

I looked around the streets and made sure no one was watching as I climbed a building to get on the roof. Once I had made it I took my hoodie off revealing a shirt which I took off to reveal a guys chest, I had learned a way to transform my chest so I wouldn't have to bind. I unfurled my obsidion wings which were tinted a dark blue.

I walked to the edge of the building and sat down looking over the edge at the streets below. It was a beautiful city but it felt like it was.... missing something. I shrugged off the thought and stood up. I walked a few feet away from the edge. Once I was a good ten feet from the edge I started charging for the edge. Once I go there I jumped and fell, I fell and fell and fell until I was nearing the bottom. I extended my wings and glided upwards, breaking the dive I was just in. I flew around, looping, twirling, and diving. Eventually my wings started to get tired and I had to get to the building once more.

I reached the roof and landed. Grabing my shirt and hoodie I put them on and layed down. I started to let my eyes close until I heard "LOOK OUT!"