Normally, you'd go in for a hug right away, but the air between the two of you felt awkward now, causing you to enter the apartment without the physical touch. "Yeah." You smiled back at her, your smile both apologetic and genuine. "Can we talk? Later of course." You bit the inside of your cheek as you asked her this hesitantly, afraid of what her answer might be.

"Yeah, sure." She nodded, but you could tell she felt uncomfortable. You shot her yet another smile before hanging up your coat and scarf, eager to get to the rest of the friend group. It felt as if you had almost secured your own spot, as the smiles you were met with were nothing but genuine. These people were your friends too now.

The second your eyes found their way to Bella's, you could feel the butterflies in your stomach just as you had felt them before your first kiss. The brunette grinned at you and said hello just like the rest of the group, but their eyes didn't leave your face this time. In fact, you could feel Bella's gaze on you as you took a seat between Amybeth and Kiki, all their attention focused on you.

Even though you had started a conversation with some of your friends, you still felt yourself get a little shy knowing they were watching you. As Amybeth got up to bring out the food, your eyes met again, and this time you grinned right back at them, causing their cheeks to heat up just like yours had.

For the rest of the afternoon, you tried your absolute hardest to avoid eye contact with Bella, as that wouldn't add anything good to what was currently going on between you and Emily. Now that you thought of it, you almost felt crazy for keeping this from her, until you remembered the way she had been calling you these past few weeks, too stressed and tired to do anything other than talk about it.

The only thing she swore kept her mind off of things was partying, and seeing her friends. So that's what you had taken care of. Even though the two of you hung out quite often, the amount of times you had been to her place had doubled in the past few weeks, as you wanted to try anything to keep Emily as happy and calm as possible. It was the least you could do, since she had always been there for you when you needed her.

After eating so much you felt like you never wanted to digest anything ever again, you excused yourself for a quick smoke, just like you always did. This time around, you didn't even bother lighting a cigarette, you just needed the fresh air. The view you had over the city was bright, and alive. You could see dozens of people walking around, just going about their days.

Merely minutes after you stepped onto the balcony, you could hear the door open and shut all within the matter of seconds. You didn't even feel the need to turn around as you knew exactly who it was. "Now you're making it our thing, you know." You sighed, shaking your head as a grin made its way to your face.

"I can't help it, I haven't spoken to you once in the entire time you've been here." The smile on their face was audible as your mind wandered to the small interactions the two of you had over the course of the afternoon. Besides a few casual comments, and one or two secret glances, the two of you hadn't talked at all.

You felt yourself turning around, immediately being met with the look in Bella's eyes, radiating happiness as your cheeks heated up once again. "I didn't want to act suspicious." You shrugged, pretending to be careless while the beaming smile didn't leave your face once. 

"You didn't even bring any cigarettes? Looks like you came out here for the exact same thing I'm here for." Bella eyed your empty hands, grinning at you in a teasing manner. "Oh yeah? And what is that so-called thing?" You tilted your head, acting oblivious to what they were talking about.

The brunette's cheeks visibly heated up as you felt yourself chuckled at the now fully flustered Bella. "You know what I'm talking about." They said in attempt to remain confident, but their tone came out a little more shy than it was before. "I do." You bit the inside of your cheek as you made eye contact with Bella, the same grin still spread across your face.

Without wasting any more time, your hand made its way to the brunette's cheek, cupping it in your hand as your thumb gently stroked the side of their face. The same broad smile had taken over their face too, Bella's eyes never leaving yours as the tension built up.

You took a small step closer, leaning in a little more so that there were only a few inches seperating your lips from theirs. Bella let out an audible chuckle as you teased them, causing you to close the gap between the two of you. 

This kiss felt soft, much more gentle than before. The fact that it wasn't your first kiss was showing, as Bella's hand made its way to your waist, the other cupping your cheek. Everything else in the world seemed to go silent as you felt yourself drown into the kiss.

The moment was interrupted by a loud sound, which caused the both of you to pull away, your eyes traveling to the door that led to the balcony. A frown appeared on Emily's face as she looked at the both of you, and the position you were in. Your hands dropped as you tilted your head, the guilt taking over your expression immediately.

Before you could think of anything to say to make it better, the dark-haired girl had made her way back into the apartment. Without looking back, you rushed back in after her, wanting to do everything possible to fix things. This was your mess, you had to fix this.

The surprised expressions on your friends' faces told you she had already left the apartment, causing you to take your coat of the rack. You felt yourself running through the corridor of the building, your gaze landing on an open door which lead to the stairwell.

You couldn't let your best friend leave before explaining things to her, and at least attempting to make it up to her, so you ran after her, into the stairwell. 

☆☆☆

𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩!

𝙄𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥𝙨 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮!

AN: My insane best friend recently made a wattpad account and is now reading MY work, so the pressure IS ON (if you see this I love you so much you are my ANGEL)

Also sorry for the relatively late upload, I was very busy today + the inspiration was hard to find:( Hope you don't mind<3

Wordcount: 1683