She had just finished the last one when she felt eyes staring at her.

"I know you guys are staring at me" she told them.

"What, sorry?" Steve responded.

"You said you needed something?"

"Just hanging out"

Del rolled her eyes "How you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is protecting me from
Vecna, I don't know"

She got up but none of them were looking at her, except Max, she understood.

"You can look at me now" she told them.

"Thank you. Sorry" Dustin apologised.

"Sorry"

"Sorry"

"For you. For you. You and you" she passed letters to Max, Dustin, Lucas and Steve.

"Oh, and, um, these are for Mike, Nancy, El, Will and my mom. If you can ever get a hold of them again" Del handed Steve another bunch of letters.

Obviously Steve and Dustin tried to open theirs "What are you doing? No, don't. That's not for now. Don't open it now".

"I'm sorry. What is this?" Dustin asked holding it up.

"It's, um... it's a fail-safe. For after. If things don't work out" she told them sadly "You know, if I don't make it".

"Wait, whoa. Del, things are gonna work out" Lucas told her.

"No, I don't need you to reassure me and tell me it's all gonna work out. You don't know if that's true and if there's anything I hate, it's false hope.I mean, of course this asshole curses me and Max. Should've seen that one coming" she sighed.

She paused before lifting the walkie talkie off the table "If we go to East Hawkins,will this reach Pennhurst?".

"Of course. Yeah" Dustin nodded.

"Why are we talking about East Hawkins? No. No. No!" Steve shook his head.

He ran after her as she walked outside, Walkman over her ears and Max by her side.

"Del. Del. Seriously. Seriously, I'm not joking.
I'm not driving you anywhere" he told her.

"If you think I'm going to spend what is likely the last day of my half built basement bedroom,
you're out of your mind. Either take me where I
need to go or tie me down, which is technically
kidnapping of a minor" Del crossed her arms.

"And if I live to see another day, Steve, I swear to God, I will prosecute" Max added.

"Open the door" Delilah demanded.

"Uh, no" Steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know a good lawyer" Max smirked.

"Henderson, that super walkie of yours better reach Pennhurst" Steve scoffed as he unlocked the car door.

Del heard the chiming of the clock again, she didn't explore this time, she fought it off and got into the car.