"See that is where you are wrong, because within two years, you'll be wed to me. And if 'lord' Cregan Stark dares to touch you when you are my wife, then I'll feed his whole arm to Vhagar."

Valaena bit her lip at the Prince his sudden outburst, instead she grabbed the book from the table and cradled it to her chest. "Are you serious Aemond?"

"Yes I am." Hissed Aemond as he got to his feet and took a step towards her, the book being the only thing from keeping him away from her. "You're insane."  Her eyes grew large as Aemond pried her hands open and let the book clatter to the ground. It hit his toes with a hard thumb. But he didn't seem to care as he placed one hand around the back of Valaena's neck. Inching her even closer.

"I ought to be, I find myself going insane whenever another man dares to his eyes on you."

She tried to dislike his tone of voice, but instead she found herself inching closer to him aswell. His breath was hot on her lips and she frowned at him. Her brows furrowed together as she looked up at him through her lashes, the scar, which sat partially covered by a leather eyepatch had turned white and ragged over the years, still bits remained pink, as if it were a fresh wound still.

Valeana wondered if Aemond caught her looking at his scar, for he quickly averted his gaze, tilting his chin higher so that she was faced with his chest only. She recalled how a Handmaiden had once called Aemond a Little Prince, though he had quickly grown into the tallest man at court.

"Oh." Mumbled Valaena quietly as she reached out one hand to brush a strand out hair out of her eye. Aemond caught her hand midair, sending little sparks flying down her wrists, that seemed to travel up her spine. She halted her breath as he placed the strand hehind her ear and sighted. "You're mine Valaena." Whispered the Prince as he moved his fingers so that they now rested against her chin. He used his thumb to tilt her chin upwards, and for a moment she wondered if he was going to kiss her, and when their eyes met. Hers begged him to kiss her. The way he held her made her knees feel so unstable that she used one hand to hold onto him.

Her eyes must have been pleading because in the next moment Aemond slightly bent towards her. His lips all but brushed hers and she could feel, no taste his warm breath as he whispered against her lips in High Valyrian. "Mine."

He let go of her then, she didn't notice how badly his hands shook as he gathered his scrolls and books and left her standing in the gardens. Cheeks flushed and eyes blinking in confusion.

At dinner, the two had barely made polite conversation during. Valaena announced that she was to visit DragonStone on the morrow. Joffrey's nameday was approaching and her mother had asked her to be there.

"I'll return on Sapphire after dinner." Promised the Princess before excusing herself from the table. Smiling at her aunt, who looked tired now that she was about to receive her third child.

Valaena hummed to herself, singing a song in Old Valyrian, one that her stepfather Daemon had taught her when he had shown her and Rhaena the many caves that littered DragonStone. She let her fingers slide along the walls of the keep as she made her way to her rooms. An uneasy feeling had crept up in her chest from the moment she had left the dining hall, and so, she turned around sharply, knocking her stalker in the shoulder and slamming them against the wall with her elbow pinned firmly against their throat.

"Aemond!" Exclaimed Valaena in shock as she quickly let go of the groaning Prince. She dusted of her skirts and offered him a hand.

"Who taught you how to do that?" Wondered the Prince as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Daemon, now why where you creeping up to me like that."

"I wasn't!" Defended Aemond himself as he raised his hands.