𝟐𝟓 - 𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐦

Começar do início

Max, keeping his eyes on the road, looked down at the wheel as they entered the city. A heavy sigh accompanied his mention of Kelly, his hand reaching over to rest on Charles's thigh. "She bluffs a lot, she's just scared I'm going to leave her," Max explained, his words carrying an undercurrent of frustration. "Nothing she said was true."

The touch of Max's hand on his thigh and the reassurance in his words brought a sense of relief to Charles. "I still want to see you, Charles," Max affirmed, releasing his hold on Charles's leg as he parked the car. "I'm here, ain't I?" A smile played on Max's lips beneath the layers of coverings, and he pulled down his face mask to press a brief kiss against Charles's lips after pushing down his scarf.

As Max pulled the coverings back up, a squint in his eyes revealed the hidden smile as he stepped out of the car. The city lights reflected in his eyes, and for a moment, the weight of the conversation seemed to lift with it.

"We can't eat anything 'cause it's gonna ruin our perfect disguise," Max remarked as they strolled toward the heart of the city. Max, hands in his pockets, entertained the idea of karting, a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Wouldn't it be funny? Compete in equal machinery and all," Max teased, a playful grin on his face. His remark about the Red Bull car elicited a chuckle from Charles, who quickly countered, "Especially since we all know it's that Red Bull of yours that keeps you in first place." The banter continued, reminiscent of their childhood, with Charles teasing Max about past dramatic interviews and false claims.

As they strolled through the city streets, the rhythm of their conversation echoed the easy familiarity of old friends. Charles's heart warmed as their shoulders brushed, the shared banter creating a comforting bubble around them.

Max's nostalgic smile lingered as he reminisced about his childhood dreams. "Well, there was this old go-kart track near my first house," he revealed, his voice carrying a hint of longing. "I always wanted to race there, just for fun. Never got the chance, though. Life took a different turn."

Charles listened, absorbing the essence of Max's unfulfilled childhood wish. A subtle glimmer of yearning was clear in his gaze beneath the layers of his disguise. It was a rare glimpse into the personal desires that often took a back seat to the demands of their current lives.

The night unfolded around them as they continued their stroll through the city, the ambient glow casting a dreamlike quality on the surroundings. Their laughter echoed through the chilly air over playful jokes, make it seem like they were just friends hanging out on a Monday evening.

Nearing the canals, Charles paused for a moment to watch a boat gliding peacefully along the water, captivated by the serene scene unfolding before him. Life seemed to slow down in these tranquil moments, a stark contrast to the adrenaline-fueled world of motorsports that defined much of his days.

Mimicking the brunette, Max leaned against the railing, joining him in watching the boats pass by. Their contemplative moment, however, was interrupted by the chatter of a group of girls passing by. Unbeknownst to them, the drivers in disguise became the topic of conversation. Charles overheard snippets of their excitement and speculations about his recent sighting in a shop on the outskirts of Amsterdam.

"Can you imagine him appearing here? Oh my god!" one of the girls exclaimed with the excitement one might reserve for a member of a popular boy band.

"I don't think so," another girl chimed in as she stepped closer to the two disguised drivers, leaning in to catch a glimpse of the canal. "Why would he go out here? It's more likely to find Max; he's from here," she reasoned, drawing Max's attention.

"Yeah! But he'd never! After what happened yesterday, he'd probably be booed," another girl lamented, a tinge of disappointment in her tone.

"I'd boo!" a third girl declared with a laugh. "I hate him. I'm so happy Charles is finally winning. Imagine if he wins the championship?" she exclaimed, sending the group into fits of laughter as they decided to walk away.