❤️Holidays

Request from AO3 (I post both here & on AO3): Stanley & Narrator, Mariela & Curator.
Stanley and Mariela miss human holidays and either convince their partners to recreate them to show what it's like, or the Narrator and Curator listen into their thoughts about missing them and recreate them to the best of their abilities. Plus it could give Stanley and Mariela a chance to talk to a fellow human lol.
Could be a holidays by itself (Easter, Halloween, etc), or maybe they misunderstand their partner's thoughts and mix up two holidays as being one (ex: Christmas/New Years, Easter/Valentines Day. Idk)

Also, 2 quick things; I see Narrator & Curator as siblings and I head canon that Stanley can talk but usually chooses not to and would rather sign. That's all :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Stanley's memories of the real world were... Shaky at best. His only real vivid memories were of holidays as it was much of the same every year and for a while, that's what he thought back on when he had been struggling in the parable, long before he and the Narrator were dating, or even friends. Hell, he didn't even know that they were both trapped in the parable at the time. It was much the same for Mariella as well, though her time with Curator had been smoother overall.

The two eventually bumped into each other in the museum and became friends pretty quickly - as they hadn't seen another living being in years, and they quickly bonded off of their shared, dim memories of their old lives.

Narrator and Curator had been hearing the two talk about Christmas the most, the childlike wonder they had felt growing when they awoke to presents under the tree and the ground covered in powdery snow to play in later, the pleasant familiarity when they got older of giving gifts to younger family members and sharing time and love with friends and family.

Curator and Narrator both knew the pair were homesick, so they did what they could from the pairs' descriptions of each other's Christmases.

Mariella and Stanley had been chilling in the museum, joking around and just trying to destress a bit. "Have you heard from Curator lately?" Stanley signed, "Cause I haven't heard from Narry." Mariella raised an eyebrow.

"Now that you mention it, Curry's been quiet for a while, you think they're planning something?" She asked, inwardly chuckling at the nickname she had given her lover because it got under her skin.

"I hope not, that usually ends up in flames." Mariella snickered.

"Yeah, you had to stay at my place after Narrator tried to cook you dinner and burned down your apartment." She laughed and so did Stanley, finding amusement in the stressful situation from a while ago.

"I didn't mean that time." He signed while chuckling and shaking his head, "Cause that was just Narry being stupid, but remember that time they tried to install speakers around the parable for music and they just all rang with feedback? I was overstimulated for like the next month." Mariella cringed at the memory and nodded.

"Oh lord yeah. That sucked ass." The pair reminisced on their respective partners' idiocracy, laughing softly as they did.

"We can't really speak to be fair, we've done equally stupid shit." Stanley signed and Mariella giggled.

"That may be true, but we don't have to talk about that-" She spoke playfully.

"Shit talking us love?" Curator's voice came over the speakers, making Mariella freeze and Stanley laugh.

"Oh you're so fucked Mari." He signed, playfully smirking.

"She did say 'us' Stanley. I thought you were more perceptive than that darling," Narrators voice joined Curators and Stanley froze.

"Shit." He signed, making Narrator chuckle as he watched Mariella and Stanley cringe. Of course he and Curator knew that neither of the two spoke of their mistakes maliciously, but it was still amusing.

"You act so guilty as if you were genuinely making fun of us," Narrator teased, "No, we have a surprise for you both." Stanley groaned.

"I swear if I have to find somewhere new to sleep because of another one of your surprises, you'll have to find a different place to sleep." Stanley signed.

"You just won't let me live that down, will you?" Narrator whined and Stanley shook his head.

"Not for the rest of time." Stanley signed back, making Mariella giggle as the two stood up. "Where are we going?" He asked.

"Workers lounge," Curator spoke up, saving her brother the embarrassment and the two started heading over there.

They were surprised as they pushed open the door and found a decorated Christmas tree, stockings and tons of gifts. Not to mention both Narrator and Curator sitting on one of the couches, in cozy sweaters - a yellow one for Narrator and a blue one for Curator.

"How did you-?" Stanley asked, his surprise causing him to actually speak, making Narrator and Curator chuckle.

"Well, we couldn't leave you both feeling homesick, now could we?" Narrator smiled and walked over to Stanley, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him close.

"So we figured we'd try to bring some of your home to you while we try and figure out a way to leave the parable." Curator chuckled, nearly getting knocked over as Mariella practically tackled her in a hug, "Seems it might've worked." She chuckled softly, returning Mariella's hug and gently rubbing her back.

"Now, why don't you both go open your gifts, yeah?" Narrator gently nudged Stanley out his arms and towards the tree. Instead, Stanley moved over to the stocking - which was filled with candy and stickers. Mariella followed suit, hers having candy as well and some drawing supplies.

"You're gonna be scraping stickers off of every surface of the parable." Stanley signed, smirking and Narrator chuckled softly and shook his head.

"Figured as much." He shrugged before once again nudging Stanley towards the presents, which this time he obliged, Mariella plopping down on the floor beside him as they started ripping into their gifts together, laughing as they traded in conversation and thanks.

Stanley got some stuffed animals, hoodies, a weighted blanket and some new shirts.

Mariella on the other hand got a blanket, more art supplies, some new outfits and a couple pillows.

Narrator cleaned everything up while Curator brought out hot chocolate, the group settling into the couches and chatting, Mariella and Stanley sharing stories of their old Christmases as well as other holidays.

It was a peaceful and heartwarming night.