"But he's coming round tomorrow to look after you for the day. I have to go to headquarters." He says, walking over to a wall and taking the picture off the hook it is hanging on. There is a little safe behind it.

"You're joking. Can't Lando or Pierre look after me instead? Max is just going to get on my nerves all day." I complain, throwing my head back and groaning slightly.

"It's already been arranged." He shrugs, typing in a code and pulling the safe door open. There is some money, a few fancy watches, and a couple of keys in there. He grabs some of the keys and then closes the safe, handing the keys to me.

"What are these for?" I ask as he puts the picture back on the wall and turns around to face me. I hold them in my hand and dangle them from my finger.

"I'll show you on Thursday." He says, and I begin walking back up the stairs where we came from. I actually feel like someone is watching us. You know that weird feeling you get deep down in your body, which is right most of the time. I'm getting that feeling right now.

"You know how you and your boyfriend-" Charles begins before I give him a glare. He locks the door at the bottom of the stairs and follows me up. "Sorry. Your 'I wish he was my boyfriend but I don't know if he likes me back'. Anyway, when you two were supposed to be going to go ice skating tomorrow, it's a school day. You wouldn't have been able to go anyway, even if you didn't get suspended like idiots." He continues as we walk towards his car.

"It's called a situationship." I state, looking at him and furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

"Right." He nods, laughing slightly as he unlocks his car. I open the door and get in, putting my seatbelt on and closing the door after me. Charles does the same.

"And I don't know, we would have probably skipped school. I didn't really think about it." I shrug, not realising that I've just admitted I would skip school.

"That's good to know." He says sarcastically, plugging his seatbelt in and starting the engine before beginning to drive back to way we came.

"I didn't mean that, I was joking." I state quickly, trying to reverse what I just said to Charles. There's no way he's going to trust anything I say now. So that's great. He hums and smirks at me.

"You know, my cars could do with a wash." He states, glancing at me then pulling onto the road and driving past the casino.

"Ok?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows and looking at him. I don't really know why he's telling me that. I don't care.

"If you wash my cars, I'll think about letting you go to the championship race next weekend." He says, coming to a stop because of all the traffic. "Why is no one fucking moving?" He adds, leaning his arm on the inside panel of the car door.

"I think that's called child labour." I mutter, looking out the window. I see a man walking down the street quickly, his hood covering his head. He looks familiar. The shape of his silhouette looks weirdly familiar. I'm probably just overthinking it.

He makes eye contact with me and I quickly look away, not wanting to seem like a weirdo stalker staring at this man.

"It's called doing something in order to get what you want." He responds, waving to some fans who have spotted him.

"Well personally I think you should let me go to the championship race no matter what, because I actually have a chance at getting good points." I say, shrugging my shoulders and smirking slightly.

"Personally, I don't care what you think." He shrugs, bitting the inside of his cheek and gripping the steering wheel. He seems distracted, like there's something else on his mind.