𝟒 ୨୧ sweet nothing

Start from the beginning

her breath hitched at his voice, "hey babe" he bent down, kissing her cheek and taking a seat of his own. "hey spence"

he didn't look at him and only looked at her. her eyes begging for help, "hey man, how've you been"

"i've been great" brecken examined him looking at hallie "what's going on here"

she perked up, smiling towards him "the friday sushi lunch together, remember i told you"

"yeah, yeah i do"

"well how about y'all catch up" she stood up, cleaning off her jean shorts "i have major bio homework to catch up on"

"okay" brecken stood up with her, kissing her. spencer watched in horror, "i love you"

"love you too" she wiped her lip "bye spence"

"bye hal"

୨୧

nobody could have warned hallie lincoln for teenage years. the responsibility to uphold an act a certain way and behave like how her mother wants her too - like a beverly hills girl - it was all too much for one to bare. let alone hallie.

hallie was too soft for all of it. she felt things so deeply and felt peoples words like a knife sticking through her stomach. she can't remember what happened yesterday but she remembers every name she was ever called, every hit she has taken and that night. she remembers that night all too well.

what happened the night of olivia bakers party was what changed hallies thought process. her thoughts scare her now, more than they ever used too.

the bathtub is where she felt peace, where she could be alone with her thoughts and not be judged. under the water she remembered the boy her mother told her about. her mother preached that when you feel you brain moving to a place of no return, act on it.

but hallie didn't know how. there was nobody she could talk to that wouldn't send her away for good. she would be portrayed as crazy and useless too the world. labels in beverly hills were all you needed.

"hallie!" her name was being screamed too her from above, her body being ripped from the water. hayden stood above her, a petrified look in his face. "hallie look at me!"

her eyes took a moment too adjust, as did her lungs. "hallie!" his voice shook "look at me hal"

"what?" she questioned her eyebrows furrowing. his face remained the same. a look of pain and shock. "what, hayden?! i was taking a bath!"

"hallie no-" he shook it off, "i need you for something else. put clothes on and meet me downstairs"

୨୧

"they got him drunk so he would make a fool of himself in the morning" hayden spoke as they both looked at the passed out spencer on their couch "i didn't know what to do, so i brought him here"

"um" she tilted her head at the peacefully sleeping spencer "go in moms study and get her banana bag kits, it probably won't stop his hangover but it will get him actually awake for the morning"

"hallie" hayden turn towards his sister, the vision in his head not being able to be shaken "we need to talk about-"

"about what?" she whispered "about you seeing me in the bath? i wasn't doing what you think i was-"

"then what were you doing?" he looked down towards her "huh? you weren't taking a bath hallie you were drowning yourself!"

"sh!" she shushed him as his voice grew, lowering her tone as well "i wasn't drowning myself hayden are you crazy?"

"are you?"

"believe what you want hayden. i'm not suicidal i was just going underwater sue me" her hands placed in her hips as she looked at spencer, trying to stop her nose from twitching, being that was her lying indicator "go get the banana bags please while i wake him up"

"fine." he sighed, strolling off with a few choice words to leave her with. she shrugged him off, the feeling being now long done with as she thought of spencer.

"hey" she spoke in a soft voice, shaking him awake. he groaned, pushing her away gently. "go away" he grumbled. she kept moving foward, trying her best to wake him.

and finally, he rose. "hey" she smiled "how you feelin?" he looked at her with tired eyes and a sick look

"like i got shot" she laughed, "do you have aspirin?"

"i have something even better" he grimaced as he saw the needle on the banana bag that hayden held up behind her. "you gonna put that in my arm?"

"yeah but i'm kind of a pro" she retorted "now give me your arm"

"i'm gonna warn you though" his face became wheezy "i'm not good with needles"

"i'm sure you'll be fine-" but before she could finish her sentence, a warm liquid was felt running down her back.

"sorry!" spencer apologized