❝︎CHAPTER FORTY-SIX❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 and snow covered the ground. Juniper kept picking up snow and throwing it at the group and Hermione had finally made her stand between her and Harry to keep her from doing it anymore. Hermione had explained to Harry her idea, she wanted Harry to teach the students of Hogwarts how to defend themselves, and Harry wasn't particularly fond of the idea.

     "This is mad." Harry muttered. "Who'd wanna be taught by me? I'm a nutter, remember?"

     "Look on the bright side," Ron offered, "you can't be any worse than old toad-face."

     "Thanks, Ron." Harry replied, clear sarcasm in his voice.

     "I'm here for you, mate."

     The group of them were in Hogsmeade, Juniper had forced them to stop by Honeydukes so she could get herself some treats before they walked into the building that would have all of the students they'd convinced to join waiting for them. "Who's supposed to be meeting us then?" Harry asked as Juniper popped a chocolate in her mouth, humming in delight.

     "Just a couple of people," Hermione answered.

     "June?" Harry asked, looking at her.

     Juniper slowed her chewing, turning to look at him. She shrugged. "Don't ask me, I have no clue what's going on."

     Hermione scoffed. "I told you."

     "You told me while I was half awake, Hermione. I don't recall a single word that came out of your mouth." Juniper answered, swallowing the chocolate.

     Ron pushed open the door. "Lovely spot."

     "Thought it would be safer somewhere off the beaten track." Hermione said as Juniper pushed past them and walked inside. She stared at the moving hogs head, scrunching her nose up in disgust. Hermione grabbed her hand as she walked by, pulling Juniper with her as she took a seat. They sat there and waited, watching as people began to show. Juniper was too invested in her sweets to really care.

     When no one else came, Hermione finally stood. "Um. . . hi. So, you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

     "Why?" A boy, who Juniper couldn't recall the name of, asked.

     "Why?" Ron repeated. "Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot."

     "So he says."

     "So Dumbledore says." Hermione corrected.

     "So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"