❝︎CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 at the table at the great hall. She sat beside Hermione, Ron sitting across from her with Ginny sitting beside Ron and in front of Hermione. Hermione was worried about Harry, she had expressed as much that morning when they awoke. Juniper grabbed her goblet, taking a sip of her drink as she reached under the table and grabbed Hermione's hand, interlacing their fingers. After last night, Juniper wasn't quite sure what they were. They weren't dating, but they certainly weren't just friends, not after that kiss.

Hermione looked at Ron who was reading a paper with one hand and using the other to stuff his face with food. Hermione frowned, "Do you ever stop eating?"

Ron paused. "What? I'm hungry."

Hermione just shook her head, stopping her further complaints when she turned her head and saw Harry. "Harry."

Harry stood there, nodding towards the empty spot beside Juniper. "Can I join you?"

Juniper smiled widely at him. "Harry, you never have to ask."

Before he could sit down, Umbridge's voice echoed from outside the Great Hall. "Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

Juniper quickly stood. "I have to see this." She ran from the hall and her friends followed after her along with other students. As they made it out of the Hall, they saw McGonagall and Umbridge standing on the steps, and McGonagall did not look happy.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary principles." McGonagall replied, turning to look at the woman. Umbridge turned to face her as well.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom," Umbridge went up a step so she was standing above McGonagall, "Minerva."

"Not at all, Dolores," McGonagall took a step up as well, "merely your medieval methods."

Umbridge scoffed. "I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

McGonagall went back down a step, almost in disbelief. "Disloyalty?"

Umbridge took another step up, looking at the students. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

For the next few days, multiple new rules were mounted into the walls, and with each class Juniper had, Umbridge always found herself in them, examining the teachers, asking questions and writing down something on a clipboard. Juniper was about sick and tired of seeing that woman's face, and rest assured the torture for her detentions had not stop. So many marks had covered her body, and where the original words had started fading, new words would form. Hermione had done everything in her power to stop Juniper from going, but when she had convinced Juniper not to go to one detention, she had been given two more in replacement.