Chapter 10: The Duelling Club

Începe de la început

"Do you ever really need to introduce yourself?" Sirius asked.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Lockhart smiled.

"Assistant! Okay, now I'm going to kill him." Severus said.

"What's the fun in that?" Ron scoffed.

"Watch it, Weasel." Zoe warned.

Lockhart and Snape faced each other and bowed. They turned, walked ten paces, then spun, wands poised like swords. "As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course." Lockhart reassured them.

"I wouldn't bet on that." Harry muttered, eyeing Professor Snape.

"One-two-three..." Lockhart counted down.

"Expelliarmus!" Professor Snape yelled. A dazzling flash of scarlet light burst forth and blasted Lockhart off his feet and into the wall behind.

Everyone (except Hermione, Molly and Lily) laughed.

"Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked, worried for the fake teacher.

"Who cares?" Harry and Ron said.

"Probably, the only time we've agreed with the Weasel." Draco whispered to his wife.

Lockhart raised from the floor unsteadily. "Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." He said, looking around. Hermione handed him his wand. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..."

"Sure, you could." Zoe rolled her eyes.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Professor Snape suggested.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart said, looking at the young Gryffindors.

"Now, he's definitely trying to kill young Potter." Lucius said.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox." Professor Snape said, making Ron look down. "Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps."

"Good luck, My King." Zoe whispered before Draco left.

"I'll win for you, My Queen." Draco smirked.

"Why do you call each other that?" Lily asked. "You're children, not King or Queen."

"They're terms of endearment." Zoe said. "He is my king as I am his queen."

"Besides, they are still King and Queen of Slytherin." Barty said. "And magic-wise, she's overpowers everyone."

"Just as we're their princes and princess." Albus Severus gestured to him and his siblings.

"You are Harry's son, not theirs." Lily crossed her arms.

"I am the first-born son of Lady Zoe Ollivander-Malfoy and Lord Draco Ollivander-Malfoy.

Harry and Draco looked at each other malevolently as they took their places onstage. Grudgingly, they bowed to each other.