❝︎CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ━︎━︎ 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 of classes was here and Hermione couldn't help but notice the frown that was on Juniper's lips as she got ready for the day. She watched as Juniper ran a brush through her hair with one hand―︎which had gotten a lot longer over the summer―︎while the other hand was toying with her necklace. Hermione came up behind her, gently grabbing the brush from Juniper's hand and brushing it for her. She glanced at Juniper in the mirror, watching as the girl frowned as she opened the necklace, staring at the pictures inside.

     "What's wrong?" Hermione asked, setting the brush down and running her fingers through Juniper's hair. She grabbed a hair tie, gathering the top half of her friends hair in her hands, making sure to smooth out the top before putting into a half-up look.

     Juniper shook her head. "It's stupid."

     Hermione frowned, placing her hands on Juniper's shoulders. "It's not stupid. What is it?"

     Juniper met Hermione's eyes through the mirror, letting her hand drop from her necklace. "I just. . . I have a bad feeling."

     "About what?" Hermione asked and Juniper just shook her head. "Hey," she wrapped her arms around Junipers shoulders, placing her head on top of Juniper's, "you can tell me."

     "This summer was just. . . it was a dream come true. I don't want it to be ripped away."

     "It won't be ripped away," Hermione assured. "It won't."

     Juniper hesitated. "Promise?"

     Hermione gave her a small smile. "Promise." Juniper leaned backwards into Hermione's embrace, placing her hand on top of Hermione's. "It's going to be alright, Jay. Come on, we'll be late for class."

Juniper sighed and stood up, grabbing her bag and placing it on her shoulder before grabbing Hermione's hand and walking out of the dorm. She swung their hands back and forth as they walked the halls, letting go only when they made it into their class. Juniper smiled at Harry and Ron as she passed them, taking a seat beside Hermione. Juniper smiled and shook her head when she saw a paper bird flying around, she shared a glance with Hermione who had an amused smile on her face as well. Their smiles fell however when the paper bird was disintegrated and Juniper's eyes fell on their new pink clad professor.

     "Good morning, children." Umbridge was standing at the back of the class, making the entire class turn to look at her. She began walking forwards, holding her wand out as chalk started writing words on the board at the front of the class. "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-L's. More commonly known as OWLs." She stopped at the front of the class, turning to face them. Juniper would rather listen to Malfoy's mouth all day than hear this woman talk, her voice made Juniper want to punch her. "Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." She pointed her wand at a stack of books on her desk and they began floating forwards, one book landing in front of each student.