He told me how one day his sister pulled him off the bed just to wake him up and how he fell off with a thump and sprained his wrist but they still went on a picnic.

I started laughing at this imagining a younger version of Dev falling off the bed. He stared at me and when I looked at him he shifted his gaze.

"What" I asked.

"Nothing" he said smiling and shooking his head and started walking ahead.

"Come on" he said started going towards an uneven rocky path, sides covered with trees. I looked around and wondered where he was going "Where are you going" I asked from behind trying to walk carefully on the rocks."

Just follow me" he said and kept walking ahead.

"Dev" I shouted from behind as it was really difficult to walk on this path but he ignored and I don't know how he was walking so normally when I wasn't even able to keep balance.He reached out and stopped near a big tree and looked at it's trunk smiling.

"This was our favorite spot" he said when I was close enough to where he was standing.

"Look at this"I inched forward to look down at the tree's trunk to where he signalled and after looking at the tree for almost a minute I found what he wanted to show me. There was inscripted a big single letter.

I looked up at him and asked "D for Dev?"

He smiled "D for Disha and Dev" he said. [ So guys i made a small change. From now dev's sister name is Disha]

"Both of us carved it here" he said grinning and added "We claimed this tree as ours"

"And why" I asked curiously.

"Dad told us that he was the one who planted this tree here, so we claimed this spot and thus tree as ours" he said smiling and it was his real and genuine smile which was pure bliss.

He stepped back but I stayed rooted on my spot and kept looking at the tree and that letter 'D' and I don't know why but a smile came on my face.

By the time I stepped back he had already spead the blanket on the grass and kept the basket on it sitting down "Come on, bhut bhook lagi hai" he said and I also sat down in front of him.

He opened the basket and took out the food which was still fresh and warm. He picked an egg roll and took a bite. "This my favorite from now on" he said smiling.

"How do you make this it's really good" he said and I giggled.

"It's not that good" I said and added "btw thanks"

"You should by a chef or something" he said and I smiled saying "I don't want to... I just happen to love cooking"

A curious expression came over to his face and he looked at me and asked "why"

"Dad ko cooking shows dekhna bhut pasand tha, I guess I ended up liking them too" I said and smiled at the memory of him and mom fighting over the remote when mom wanted to watch something else.

"Was his cooking as good as you" he asked genuinely.

"No Unko toh thik se chai bhi banani nhi aati thi" I said laughing a bit.

"Seriously" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yess, but he just loved the was they cooked everything in those shows" I said.

I don't why I felt so free while talking to Dev about my dad when I never did to anyone and i ended up telling his everything about my dad, how he met mom in college, how he had a crush on mom's friend but ended up loving my mom.