CHAPTER 3- A DAY TO REMEMBER

Start from the beginning

Payal's almost laughed when she heard that, she always stay away from their affair but she was caught off guard when a new relative arrived all of a sudden.

Why she no longer care? She and Akash are going to settle down to the Singapore. No dramas no more headaches.. She want nothing to do with the family that hurted her sister.

Mami fumed in anger hearing that but keeping her position in mind she stayed silent.

"Go prepared my room, I want my room neat and clean, make sure there is no dust. Understand?" Dadi asked in commanding tone.

"Ji.."Mamiji fled immediately in fear.

Dadi smiled at Neelam," She is my caretaker Neelam. Remember that I had stroke after Arvind's death? Both of my feet were paralysed, My recovery was slow but after she came and she took great care of me.. I recovered and much better." Even though she sometimes need to use wheelchair, her condition significantly improved than her previous state.

"Namaste." Neelam folded her hands.

"Namaste bitiya.." Nani replied slowly.

While Anjali keep look at her from head to toe.. Neelam's face is covered with her veil, she wearing a long sleeve blouse with her saree covering her entire body.

"Why are you dressing like this?" Anjali asked.

Neelam was a bit hesitant to say..

"Anjali bitiya, don't be rude.." Nani chilled her.

Dadi answered Anjali's question instead of Neelam, "She suffered from fire accident, she is hiding those scar. Don't make her uncomfortable, she is my savior. She is going to stay with me." Dadi stated and stood up.

"I will go test some rest, this old bone of mine is aching after a long travel. Let's go Neelam." Dadi said, pulling Neelam with her.

"Ji."

Leaving upset looking Anjali and Nani behind.
___________

Arnav reached home late after hectic work day, he is currently clearing all of his important work early to have more time spend with Khushi.

Making himself available for Khushi is important task after all.

Then his phone ranged, from unknown number.. He picked it up.

"Hello?"

"It's me." It was Khushi, his face brighten up hearing her voice.

"Khushi? What a surprise, I mean I was actually thinking of you just right now." He said honestly.

"Is that so? Why?" She asked in amusement, he once played with her heart.. She want give him a tit for tat.

"It just.. I'm missing you khushi, everything around me reminds me of you. This bed that once had your pink bedsheet, bathroom that we always had to fight go first, pool where I kiss you, then you kiss me.. My plants... Everything." Remorse washed over him, why did he be so stupid to believe Shyam over his khushi.. She was innocent all along.

With a bitter smile, Khushi said." But I don't. Ever since I met Rathore my life became better than ever, nothing here remind me of you.."

In past, the words that came out of his mouth were harsh and cold but now everything is upside down, she became bitter.

The same girl who was sweeter than ever," Khushi, Because my past.. Where my father cheated on my mother, she killed herself.. I was afraid that the same thing will happen to Di. I'm sorry not trusting you." His voice were soft yet sad.