Dogday remained silent for a moment. He didn't have much of a choice, did he? He wanted to live, afterall.

He wished that things were different, that Catnap would at least see his side of things rather than following that 'god' of his like a lost puppy.

The dog let out a sigh, deciding to oblige with a small nod. The cat almost seemed to be relieved by this.

"Alright, what do you need me to do, 'buddy'?"

Catnap grew closer to the dog, making Dogday questioned if he said something wrong, or did something to anger the cat unknowingly. But...to his surprise...

With two quick, sharp swipes, he found himself falling to the ground. For a moment, he thought that Catnap might've chosen to kill him right then and there, allowing him to bleed out as a twisted form of punishment.

His heart raced for a moment, the canine breathing a little heavily. Even after all this time, after watching his friends disappear, one by one, he still feared it.

His own death.

However...he wasn't bleeding. He looked up. The chains. That's what Catnap hit. He....freed him? But why?

A surprised expression was visible on Dogday's face for a few moments, until it soured back into a scowl.

There was a catch. There had to be.

He knew it.

As expected, the cat spoke once again, staring down at the dog. Catnap was tall  enough in this unusually monstorous form of his when he had his legs, but without them...

He felt as if he were one of the mini critters with how large Catnap was.

It only emphasized how powerless the canine was against him. In his current state, the cat wouldn't even have to use his claws to injure him.

He could instead opt for crushing him, in various ways. Whether with a singular paw, or by pressing his entire weight against him.

The thought of which sent a small shiver up Dogday's spine. He'd seen how ruthless the cat could be when it came to the mini critters, and others who refused to follow The Prototype.

He didn't want to imagine how harsh he'd be in his own case, considering that the cat would want to ensure that he suffers.

"As long as you play along, heretic, I'll set you free. In fact..."

The cat leaned in, it was hard to tell whether he was trying to intimidate Dogday, or if that was an unintentional side effect. Dogday assumed it was the former.

"I'll even offer a replacement for the legs you lost. However, if you dare to betray me and my lord..."

The cat carefully grabbed Dogday by his mouth, something he was surprisingly good at. Though, Dogday could only assume it was due to the fact that he often opted to walk on all fours in this form.

He mainly did so as it was easy to chase others. And was more intimidating. He often took advantage of the fear he instilled in others, to help hunt them down.