08. Unknown Number

Start from the beginning

"I gave Bella your number, I know something's going on between the two of you." She looked at you through the screen, practically catching you in the lie as she revealed the large amount of information. "You what?" Your eyebrows furrowed into a frown as you processed the words that just fell from your best friend's mouth.

Emily let out a sigh as she looked at you, not even a hint of excitement in her eyes as she felt lied to by you. "They asked me after you left, around the end of the party. Bella was so drunk and out of it that they didn't seem to know what they were saying, yet they asked for you." She explained, causing your heart to take yet another leap as your mind rewinded the sentence.

In your head, Bella wasn't the type of person to get drunk, so that part confused you quite a bit. Not to forget that they asked for your number, which completely shook your world as you checked for notifications while still on call with Emily. No missed messages. A feeling of disappointment filled your gut as you clicked on the call, Emily's face filling your entire screen again.

"They got drunk?" You asked as you realised the frown hadn't left your face yet. "Yeah." The dark-haired girl shrugged, clearly still offended by the way you kept the lie going, leaving everything unexplained to her. "It surprised me too, but they were totally hammered. I've never seen them that drunk before, but I managed to take all of them home at the end of the night. Everyone else passed out in the car, but they were wide awake in the passenger seat. That's when they asked me for your number." The dark-haired girl took her time to tell you the context, something you had not cared to do yet about the information you were withholding.

As you aimlessly scanned your room to try and distract yourself, all of your thoughts were spinning, and even spiraling.  "Fuck." You muttered, aware of the fact that because Bella asked for your number, they practically informed Emily about something that was so new and fresh, it was barely anything yet. Your best friend stared at your face, searching for some kind of sign that you were going to answer her.

Instead of confronting the problem, you made up an excuse. "I have to go, I got an email for a callback yesterday, and I have to prepare for it." You said, knowing fully well you hadn't heard from your agent in two days, which was driving you absolutely crazy.

Before Emily could reply to your words, you hung up the phone, throwing it towards the end of the bed as you finally slipped away from under your sheets, your body immediately being met with the cold morning air, as you also left your window open the night before.

The uncertaintly of the job you had was always in the back of your mind. In fact, you had struggled with getting a decent job for a long time. After landing your debut role in House of the Dragon, you figured that that was it. You thought that you were done with having to worry about roles, and money.

That last one was luckily taken care of for the next period of time, as the important role you had in the show did come with its benefits.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Throughout the day, you constantly found yourself waiting for a text. At first this made you feel stupid, but as the day went on you realised they were the one that asked for your number, not the other way around. It was rude that they hadn't texted you yet, if anything.

At one point you even began pacing through your apartment, unsure about what to do with yourself as the time slowly passed. Normally, you'd scroll on social media right now, but you figured that your phone couldn't offer you much distraction, as it was the one thing you feared.