21 ~ protecting her

Začít od začátku

"Oh so you're Charles' little princess? I bet you've got all twenty of those drivers wrapped around your bratty little fingers." Dad states, taking a step closer to me. I bring my hand up to his cheek and slap him, hard.

"You're a dick! I wish you stayed dead!" I shout, as I slap him, the sound of the connection between my palm and his face echoing through the corridor.

"Bitch." Dad says loudly, grabbing my wrist in a tight grip and pushing my hand away. I try to pull my hand out of his grasp, but he doesn't let me.

Charles punches him in the face and he lets go, stumbling backwards slightly and holding his nose while groaning in pain.

"Charles." Max states, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him backwards as he goes for more. "He's had enough." He adds, as Charles takes a step back.

"Protective much." Dad mutters, a smirk on his face as he wipes away the blood which is now slowly dripping from his nose.

"I warned you." Charles shrugs, gently placing both his hands on my upper arms and pulling me closer to him. I lean my head on his chest, my eyes never leaving my dad.

"If you come anywhere near Emilie again, I'll call the police." He adds, gently squeezing my biceps protectively. "Now leave, before I call security and get you escorted out."

Dad nods his head, a small smirk still plastered on his now bloodied face, before walking towards the exit of the restaurant. As I see the door shut behind him, I let out a breath a didn't know I was holding.

"Oh my god." I whisper, turning round to face Charles as I take in a deep breath and wrap my arms around his torso. I burry my face into his chest, letting a few tears slip and breathe in his scent. He rubs his hand up and down my back comfortingly, resting his chin on top of my head.

"It's ok now, he's gone." Charles assures quietly, and I nod my head. "He won't ever come near you again, I'll make sure of it." He adds.

"That was one good slap though, kid." Max says, smiling at me as I take a step back, breaking away from the hug. I smile at Max and laugh slightly.

"It was. You should have seen the look on his face. He was so shocked." Charles laughs, looking at me and smiling. It's like they're praising me for hitting him.

"I don't understand how he's alive. The police officers said he was dead. They said he killed himself." I mutter, shaking my head slightly and wiping away the few rogue tears which are falling down my face.

"I'm not sure. Maybe it was a mistake." Charles says, shrugging his shoulders slightly and furrowing his eyebrows. "But you shouldn't worry about that. Let's sit back down and have a good rest of the night." He adds, smiling at me.

"Ok." I whisper before walking past Charles and Max, making my way back to the table. As I approach it, everyone looks at me. I walk round the other side and sit down in my seat, not making eye contact with anyone.

"Are you ok?" Lando whispers, leaning closer to me as all the conversations are resumed between the people sat around the table.

"Uh- yeah. Yeah, I'm ok." I say, giving him a small, reassuring smile as I cut up my chicken tenders while avoiding eye contact.

"Fucking knob. His face is so hard." Charles mutters as he sits down at the table, flexing his knuckles a few times. They're red, from where he punched my dad.

"Is your wrist alright?" He asks, looking at me and holding his hand out in front of him, signalling for me to let him look.

"Yeah, it's fine." I state quietly, eating my chicken tenders as Lando steals a curly chip from my plate. Why didn't he just order his own fucking curly fries instead of stealing mine.