[𝟒] 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬

Depuis le début

"I'll... fight for the kingdom, too?" [Name] made a sheepish little grin, shrugging. With all due respect, they don't know another reason to why they'll fight. Maybe to help the kingdom? Fight for the people of Corona? All of this conversation had made their head flooded with possible answers. But they'll soon wash away.

"You'll need a different type of motivation," Cassandra added, obtaining a broom of her own to practice with [Name]. "You saw me train before. And you're aware of why I trained so hard that young."

"Because you wanted to be a part of the royal guard," [Name] reminded themselves, bringing their broom up close to ponder for a bit. They were well aware of the knowledge about her training since the age of six. Cassandra held a massive first start compared to them, for they started these training lessons at fourteen.

"Yes, you're not wrong," Cassandra hummed, spinning her broom a couple of times. "But I soon found another reason. It motivated me more to be successful when it comes to these things," Cassandra continued, holding her broom as she got into a stance. [Name] took it as their cue to get into position, following Cassandra's steps of how to hold the broom properly.

Cassandra began to swing soft attacks towards [Name], just hoping what Cassandra informed and taught them to do before the actual sparring began. [Name] lifted their broom sideways with both hands, using a technique that they saw Cassandra do once to counter her soft blows.

"I fight for the people I care about. That's what fuels me," Cassandra revealed, not wavering one bit as she kept on throwing soft blows at [Name]'s way. Not too harsh but she wasn't giving them an easy time either. Going easy first isn't an ideal route to pave a successful path in these types of things. [Name] kept on trying to counter the attacks, missing a couple as they just narrowly missed the end of Cassandra's broom (cause they got them Disney Princess surviving skills).

"When you fight for someone, that'll drive you to come back. Alive," Cassandra kept on going, throwing advice and blows towards [Name]. "Knowing that someone's life may be at risk can fuel just about anyone to fight with all they can give. People fight for someone. Not just for themselves." Cassandra managed to land a final soft blow beneath [Name], knocking them off their feet. They fell to the ground, making a small 'oof' sound.

"Someone wins because they do it for someone. Now, answer me this, kid... Who will you fight for?" Cassandra finished, stretching a hand for them to take it. [Name] gladly took her hand, getting themselves back on their good old two feet. The raven-haired women passed them their broom, still giving them time to regain some breath and time to think.

[Name] thought. But for some odd reason, the first person who came into their mind was Varian. Not their mom. Not their dad (they never met him, why would they?). Not even Cassandra or the princess. Just their best friend.

They don't want to see him hurt. They were scared for their life back when Andrew threatened to slit their throat because they were afraid of the people around them. Especially him. That alone could say a lot, but they decided not to think too much of it.

"For him," [Name] spoke, looking back up at the woman. "I want to fight for Varian. He's my best friend. I care and love him so much. I... just don't want to see anyone hurt. Him, especially." They looked right through Cassandra's eyes, giving her a determined look of their own with a hand above their chest.

"That's the spirit," Cassandra broke into a smile, reaching a hand to ruffle their hair. "Oh, and we should try other things. Seems like swords may not be your thing."

[Name] broke into a small fit of giggles, nodding with slight enthusiasm. Swords were definitely not built for them.

»•» ✨ «•«