~

Thank you all so so much for 100 followers! When I started here, I did not think I would get far. It is an honor to have touched you with my books!

This is dedicated to my bestest friend, Aylin. She will forever be one of my favourite friends I've made here. I love you, bestie <3

This oneshot is called I'll Love You For The Rest Of It. Read on ;)

12 YEARS AGO, 1851

Her parents always told her stories. If she could not have something, they would tell her stories. And in Aru's vision, that was much better.

Unlike toys and candy, stories went on forever. Once heard, always heard. They flow from one mouth to the next, constantly changing but constantly alive. Much like the world we live in, her mother would always say.

Living cut off from, Aru was a curious child. Her mother, the queen of Tariwether, seemed to dwell in the Palace study (or at least one of them), and her father, her mother's king, seemed to always be in the grounds, managing security.

Meanwhile, Aru stayed bored.

No one wanted to play with the princess. The maids would, sometimes, and while they were nice, they were old and frail and Aru would feel bad.

Today, Aru was 7 years old.

The maids had given her a birthday present from the King and Queen. Aru had inquired the reason why they could not gift it to her themselves and the maids smiled sadly and shook their heads.

But that didn't matter.

Today, Aru was 7 years old.

She waited patiently in her room, swinging her legs. The maids said her mom would come any time now.

Half an hour had passed. She was pretty bored, but hey, it didn't matter, right?

Today, Aru was 7 years old.

But the more and more she waited, the more she felt like she was turning 8, 9, 10, 11...

Her mom hadn't come yet.

Maybe they are going to surprise me, Aru thought. She imagined big smiles and warm hugs. The cheerful chorus of the birthday song and rhythmic claps.

That is what Aru did. She imagined. She imagined a day where she could tell all this to someone. But until then, she could imagine. And that's what she did. Maybe today would be that day!

Today, Aru was 7 years old.

Aru was 7 years old and bored. She slipped off her chair and asked the maid when they were coming. The old maid looked at her sadly. But then and again, it seemed that in the past week, they always seemed sad.

What had happened?

Today, Aru was 7 years old.

And no one, other than the maids, had wished her yet.

She wondered if the kingdom had known it was her birthday. She wouldn't know. Sometimes, being in the Palace was a hindrance.

Swinging her legs, she jumped off her cushioned chair for the second time and told the maid she was going out.

"No telling the Queen, as usual I presume?" The maid asked her.

"Indeed," Aru replied, giggling. "It will only be a bit far from the courtyard!"

"Each day you go farther," The maid shook her head, smiling. "Soon, you'll find yourself in Zamarthi."

"That is good, is it not?" Aru looked up at her maid. "I have always wondered how it looked."