ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Začít od začátku

at this point, you just grabbed a basket and went to go collect your groceries. ignoring the buzzing in your pocket from your phone, you grabbed everything you needed quickly.

this really is a small town, isn't it? no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to escape strange social interactions.

eggs, instant ramen, green onions, regular onions, beef, bacon, rice, cheese, ketchup, milk... and some potato chips. that's all you needed.

you head back to the register, trying to ignore the oni still very much staring at you intently. shinobu sighs and begins to scan your items.

you pay with your debit card, and wave to shinobu as you leave. when the bell rings, itto's hair spikes up again. you cover your mouth to hide your giggle as you exit the store, hearing itto's whines and shinobu's scolding.

halfway back to your home, it begins to rain, just as you expected. its a good thing you remembered your umbrella.

you unhooked it from the inside of your jacket and opened it up, holding it over your head. 

you stood on the sidewalk for a few moments, staring up at your sort of see-through umbrella and watching the raindrops pound onto your umbrella gently before sliding off.

you closed your eyes and enjoyed the pitter-patter of the multiple tiny impacts, until a certain meow caught your attention.

you looked down, and the sight of wet purple fur caught your attention. a cat curled up next to your leg, trying to escape the rain. you stared down at the cat with pity.

it's fur was purple, except for it's paws, which were white, almost imitating socks. a thin red rope was tied around it's neck to look like a ribbon, a white ball of fluff attached, along with a feather.

you couldn't take this cat home with you, but you were worried it might be a stray. it had no collar, but then again, most cats don't have collars.

you made a dumb decision. you dropped your umbrella so it sheltered the cat, and you dashed off in the rain. the cat stared at you with wide eyes, watching you sprint off, continuously almost slipping on puddles and your untied laces...

if you had been a little slower, you wouldn't have missed a certain indigo-haired male picking up the cat when you left, staring at your figure slowly getting smaller the farther away you got.

you returned home drenched and cold. but at least you knew that the cat was dry. you hoped that the owner found it by now.

you begin to undress, removing the wet clothes. you rummage throughout your closet and find a nice and dry t-shirt and shorts. you put them on, and you begin to feel warmer already.

the rain and cloudy skies are beginning to clear enough to see the sunset. the skies are a nice orange hue with hints of pink. you stare out the window for what feels like hours... until your phone starts to ring.

 until your phone starts to ring

INCOMING CALL

' frem / pers 🐧🐧'

Accept                     Decline

oh yeah, you were supposed to call freminet tonight

oh yeah, you were supposed to call freminet tonight. you almost had forgotten. normally its you that starts the calls, he must have worked up a lot of courage. you press the accept button and set the call on speaker.

"...hello?" freminet's hesitant voice fills the room. you chuckle. "hey, frem." you lay down on your bed, and set the phone on your nightstand.

"i had such a wild day, you have no ideaaa." you begin to speak, staring up at the ceilings as you remember today's events.

 "can you.. tell me about it?" he asks meekly.

"yeah, i was just about to, okay, so it started in first period..." you begin to chatter on about your strange yet entertaining day.

if only you had facetimed instead, maybe then you could have caught the content smile on freminet's face as he listened to you speak.