─── SEVEN, HEARTBROKEN

Start from the beginning

Nathan's voice trembled with desperation as he pleaded with his father, the words a desperate plea for mercy. "Father, please. Please don't do this to Riley."

Klaus's stern expression showed no sign of faltering, his resolve unyielding. He gazed at his son, the anguish in Nathan's eyes reflecting the pain of a shattered bond. A moment of tension hung heavy in the air as Klaus contemplated his next move.

A flicker of hesitation passed through Klaus's eyes, a glimpse of the love he once held for his son. But it was quickly overshadowed by the darkness that consumed him. With a heavy heart, Klaus averted his gaze, his voice devoid of emotion. "It is done, Nathan."

Nathan's desperate plea echoed through the air, his voice pleading with his father to spare Riley from the same fate. But Klaus remained unmoved, his gaze cold and unyielding. He continued to watch without a hint of remorse as Nathan's body was consumed by the overwhelming transformations, his form shifting into that of a fierce and powerful wolf. Fur sprouted from his skin, claws extended from his fingertips, and his fangs elongated, completing the monstrous visage.

Nathan, now fully transformed into a wolf, let out a mournful howl that echoed in the night. His once human voice was replaced by the haunting sound of a creature robbed of its freedom. The bond between father and son shattered, replaced by a deep and irreparable chasm.

RILEY's foot tapped against the ground as she sat in one of the many rooms in the Abattoir, looking over the unconscious bodies of Aiden and Ethan. Shouts from her uncle Elijah could be heard downstairs as he talked with a woman who Klaus entrusted to know his true plans, Cami. Though Riley was too wrapped up with her own guilt and anger to bother listening.

The weight of her guilt bore down heavily upon her, suffocating her thoughts. She blamed herself for everything that had unfolded. If only she had believed Tyler's warnings about her father, perhaps she could have prevented the series of events that led her to New Orleans. It was her fault that Nathan was now trapped in a curse that tore him away from his family. She blamed herself for not possessing the strength to thwart both Dahlia and her own father, allowing their malevolent actions to wreak havoc upon their lives.

When Riley woke up earlier, she found herself disoriented in the backseat of a truck. Her heart raced as she took in the scene before her. Her father, Klaus, lay sprawled on the ground, a golden dagger piercing his chest. It was a weapon specifically crafted to neutralize him, rendering him powerless. Dahlia, who had linked herself with Klaus, lay unconscious beside him, also affected by the neutralizing force of the dagger. The realization washed over everyone, a mix of relief and dread, as they believed that the threat they posed had been subdued.

"Riles?" Ethan's voice broke through the confusion, calling out to Riley with a mix of concern and urgency.

Riley's heart swelled with relief as she caught sight of Ethan. Without a moment's hesitation, she rushed out of her seat and wrapped her arms around the bewildered hybrid, holding him tightly.

"Thank goodness," she whispered, her voice filled with a mix of gratitude and tenderness.

Soon after Aiden groaned awake, "Did we win?"

Riley pulled away from Ethan a sorrow expression on her face. "Far from it, but Klaus' real is plan brewing."

"Yeah, because that went so well for us last time," Aiden remarked, his tone tinged with bitterness and skepticism.